cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed router delivery

KassieF
Hooked

Delayed router delivery

I am waiting on my new router to upgrade from broadband to fibre (both plusnet) due to switch over tomorrow but new router hasn’t arrived. I do not want to be without WiFi, assume old router won’t work? Is the router tracked? Have looked on my account, there is a timeline but without dates or times! 

9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Delayed router delivery

Router delivery is not tracked.

Which router have you got? Hub Zero or Hub One? One works with both ADSL and FTTC, Zero does not.

If the installation had been delayed by BT Openreach the despatch of the router will have also been delayed. In some parts of the country mail has been delayed a week or more.

Only a staff member can advise on your current upgrade status.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

This did happen to be the case @Townman, the provision of the FTTC service was pushed back by Openreach due to engineer availability. @KassieF your FTTC service will be going live on 19/01/2022, and the router is now awaiting dispatch Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
KassieF
Hooked

Hi Thank you both.  I managed to get through to customer support who told me this. A simple email update would have been good. Just hope the router arrives in time. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @KassieF 

Really sorry for the lack of communication. I can see your router was ordered yesterday, so it should be in the post tonight. 

All being well, you should receive it on Monday, but if there's a delay, it should still arrive in time by Wednesday.

Let us know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
KassieF
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

the router arrived promptly, my fibre was due to go live yesterday, according to my account timeline (which has no dates or times) it has completed, I have had no notification to tell me this, when I spoke to customer services about the router delay he told me to set the router up before connection which I have done, but I was under the impression I would receive some notification it’s gone live! 

this lack of notification is getting tired! Also finding access to customer service hard, the live chat seems to be an auto bot which is not helpful if you don’t fit into the categories it gives you, it just kicks you out, there is no direct email only a phone number or this community. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @KassieF, thank you for getting in touch. I am really sorry for the lack of communication received of your order and for the inconvenience this has caused.

I am pleased the Fibre service is now live. It looks like the update wasn't sent as although the change has completed on the supplier system, the change is 'stuck' on the account. I will put the steps in place to get this updated for you; you may receive a few automated emails on the back of these steps so please don't worry, I will update you myself once the amendments have been made.

In terms of contacting us, as well as contacting us over the phone and via the community, you can also reach us on Facebook or over on Twitter.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
KassieF
Hooked

Hi Lauren

Thank you for chasing it up.
I don’t do social media ☺️
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

No worries Smiley I can appreciate that. We're always happy to help on here should you need it!

Once the steps to update the account have been done I will be sure to let you know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team