cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay to Broadband order

jdmac
Grafter

Delay to Broadband order

Ordered Plusnet Fibre Extra on Saturday, got a text Sunday morning saying delay and call number for details. Everytime I try on hold for ages as so busy.

Is this an automated text that gets sent out. 

Also want to check with them that I will definitely keep my landline number - moving back to Plusnet from BT after they lost my number in a transfer and managed to get it back - would hate to lose it again.

Have logged into community with a previous log in as not able to register my new plusnet name (jdmac1976) as email address is already in use!  So not sure if this jdmac account is connected to jdmac1976 

So really needing 3 answers - what is the delay? Landline getting kept?  And what can I do to register my new account with the community forums?

Hope that all makes sense. thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: Delay to Broadband order

@jdmac 

The community forum is not connected to your Plusnet account. You do not need to 'register' it, you can use a totally different account name for each. Simply continue using this account.

Having two accounts is not permitted under the forum rules.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@jdmac

Hopefully some staff member will come across to help with your order (but might be a couple of days as forum response time is about 2 days currently)

As for this forum, there is no link back to the Plusnet systems so there is no way to link username here to your Plusnet account. Just keep using your old community account name here. Staff will ask for PM details of any main system usernames when they require. Best not to post your real username here at all.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
jdmac
Grafter

Thank you. That makes sense. Appreciate it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Hi there,

I'm really sorry we haven't been in touch about your order. 

From what I can see our systems hadn't placed this properly with our suppliers so I'm cancelling it off.

Once it's fully cancelled, I'll replace the order to takeover your line from BT keeping your phone number the same. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jdmac
Grafter

This is making me all very nervous! I have had such stress & hassle with BT for the last month. I don't think I could take any more of it. Will I expect a email soon? I assume all the same agreed conditions?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the concern. I haven't cancelled your account, I've just cancelled the stuck order which was with our suppliers.

Should be able to provide you with an update within a few days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jdmac
Grafter

Ok. Fingers crossed then.
What would cause this to happen?
I am returning to PlusNet from a short spell with BT so unfortunately was put on Digital Voice so will need to go back to standard copper landline with PlusNet.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@jdmac  I wish you the best of luck, I hope Plusnet's systems can deal with that rather unusual scenario, I have a feeling that there could be problem's but let's how it goes.🤔

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah thanks for the info.

From what I can see our systems may have got a bit confused because the signup request was to arrange an engineer visit to install a new line but there's already a working line at your property. 

Just to confirm are you wanting us to takeover your service/number with BT so you'll only have one line still? 

If so as part of taking over BT's service we'll automatically move your phone number back onto the copper line and I can refund the installation fee of £49.99 you've paid so there'd be a bit of saving for you! 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jdmac
Grafter

The annoying thing is I explained all that to the live chat salesperson! Have the transcript too! Thank you for refund. I now have little faith that this is going to go smoothly. It better or I am going to ballistic.
jdmac
Grafter

And yes want plusnet to take over my broadband and same phone number (ending in 194) ASAP.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about this though again from what I can see your account was signed up online via our website rather than through an agent. Could you private message me the transcript so I can look at providing feedback?

In the meantime I've arranged for us to takeover your line and I'll refund the installation fee when your direct debit activates.

Should be able to provide an update within a few days. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jdmac
Grafter

How do I private message you?Huh
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

There should be an option in my profile or you can just click Here Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet