cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract length

Hoghtonboy

Contract length

My 18 month contract expired and rang PN this week to renew, after 30 mins on hold got through to an agent and renewed again with a 18 month contract, (unlimited fibre, 76 mb, phone package) Received an email confirming the contract but the email stated 24 months! Has anyone else had this problem?

regards

6 REPLIES 6
leadhead
Hooked

Re: Contract length

Why would you want to renew your contract....Why didnt you just let it run without a contract....

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Because usually when you renew your contract , you get a discount every month. 

Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

leadhead
Hooked

Well if thats correct...thats something I've learnt tonight...What type of discount are we talking about...although I realise it will vary...I've been with Plusnet for 4 years and havent renewed, but am looking to change to unlimited and maybe increase my speed to 80mb....but have read of horror stories when people have upgraded their speeds, and its actually gone down a lot.

Hoghtonboy

Hi, Mike is right you can often negotiate a deal when with a contract commitment. It's the 24 month that I'm confused with. 

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@Hoghtonboy you need to speak to customer options team to see what offer you can get .

Currently on the fibre extra they are offering it for new customers at £5 a month for six month , then £19.99 a month ( £ 27.49 if in market A) for 12 month , plus £ 17.99 a line ,

Vodafone offer the same package for an all in one price of £ 28 a month standard price ( £ 49 set up) ,

@leadhead the COT team offer 18 and 24 month contracts, seems like they have mistakenly put you on 24 month , am sure when a PN rep sees the thread they will change it to 18 months as agreed, you could also ring the call center.

Mike 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi Hoghtonboy,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this issue via our community forums.

I have listened to the call and can confirm that the contract was added incorrectly and this has now been amended. You can find the confirmation of this in my ticket response located here in this link https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=131328955