cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Dates

cymru78

Connection Dates

I have signed up to Plusnet and I'm waiting for my service to go live.

I had an email to say that my landline will transfer on the 4th April, and I had a text message telling me that my fibre will go live 'by midnight' on the 5th April although none of these dates are yet showing on my account page. I don't really understand why I was informed about one service one way and the other service another.

Anyway, I might be reading into this wrong, but does this mean that I'm likely to have no fibre from the 4th until it goes live on the 5th?

I need to know simply because two of us work from home and my wife's mobile reception in particular isn't strong enough for her to do that. And can you imagine the grief I'll get from two kids as well?!

This is the first time that I have changed ISP in 11 years, although I did move house two and a half years ago and the services both went live at the same time, but it was the same ISP at the new property.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Connection Dates

Hey @cymru78, thanks a lot for getting in touch and apologies for the confusion caused here. I can confirm that your services will be going live on 04/04/2022 (both phone and broadband). Our automated system says "by the 5th" as it can take up to 23:59 on the 4th to go live. 

I've had a look at both phone and broadband orders from my side though and all seems well Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
cymru78

Thank you for the fast reply.

I really appreciate it.

The text for fibre does say 'by midnight on the 5th' so I'm sure you can see why this is a bit confusing.

Cheers.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Our systems are reading midnight on the 5th as in 00:00:00 but I agree it’s easier to think of it as by 23:59:59 on the 4th. It must be a big moment changing ISP for the first time in that long and thanks for choosing us.

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

Cheers

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Anoush wrote:

Our systems are reading midnight on the 5th as in 00:00:00

The system is right, it is we humans who are wrong.  Midnight on day X is always at the start of that day, the end being at 23:59:59 ... for one second later all the digits, including the date, roll over and it is the next day at 00:00:00 - that is midnight!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.