cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about broadband activation

FIXED
aprilaf

Confused about broadband activation

Switched from BT to Plusnet, activation day today 19th May. Received notification that landline has switched but nothing on broadband. Received my router but am not to plug in until text message. BT have already switched off my broadband. I know it can take until midnight but I’ve had no messages at all?
5 REPLIES 5
banjomir
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Confused about broadband activation

Fix

I would get on the phone with them immediately if I was you. They are making a mess of my order as well (It is the third day without internet after my broadband was supposed to go live on the 17th, so having to use mobile data to work) and other people have reported the same kind of issues. Someone at plusnet or OpenReach is not doing their jobs, and we are the ones having to pay for it.

aprilaf

Yes, I will. Sorry you have issues too. I’ve just had an email to say my bill is ready to view, no issues there then!
aprilaf

Thank you, I did as suggested and called the helpline - spoke to a very helpful (and patient) advisor <redacted> who activated the broadband manually and talked me through setting the router up. All sorted.

Moderators Note:  CSA name removed as per Forum rules

banjomir
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Wow, that is a great outcome for you! My issue is still dragging on, apparently due to Openreach's system failure.

aprilaf

So sorry you’re not sorted yet - hope it’s resolved soon for you.