Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeover date

FIXED
hannahbodkin
Hooked

Changeover date

Hello 🙂

I placed an order for broadband recently, and I couldn't see a place in the checkout to select a date - sorry if I missed that!

My current contract ends 28th April so I'm hoping there isn't too much disruption between the two.

I have since received a message to say the order has been delayed, but no info on how long that delay might be.

Is there any further info you can provide on the changeover date and how long any delay might be?

Thanks,

13 REPLIES 13
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Changeover date

Fix

Hey @hannahbodkin, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm sorry for the lack of communication with the orders to provide you with a service. I'll be happy to offer an explanation. 

So you have what we call an SOGEA line at your property, which means we're able to place the broadband order, but have to rely on intermediaries to place the associated phone order. All of the work has been done on our end, we're just waiting on the phone order to be placed now, and for it to match up with the broadband order. 

I've also popped a note on the account for our team to amend the orders, once placed, to 28/04/2022 so you don't have any Early Termination Charges from your old provider. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
hannahbodkin
Hooked

Awesome, that’s really helpful - thanks!
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem at all, let us know if you have any further questions at all. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
hannahbodkin
Hooked

Hello,

Thanks for your previous help on this.

Unfortunately my internet has completely stopped today. I did receive a letter from plusnet saying the phone line would change over today, so maybe that’s why?

However, I have not yet received a router and was expecting broadband to go live on 28th.

Please could you look into this and provide an update?

Thanks

Hannah
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there Hannah, I'm really sorry about this but it looks like our request to amend the orders to complete on 21/4/22 wasn't acted on and the service is in the course of switching over today. I've ordered the router and that should reach you within the next 3 to 5 working days. Please do let us know when that's reached you and we'll make sure we arrange a good will gesture due to the issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hannahbodkin
Hooked

Hi there!

Thanks for helping and the router has arrived today.

It is now showing an orange (not flashing) light, is there still some part of the broadband to switch over?

Thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Hannah,

How long have you left the router to attempt to do its stuff?

The initial connection can take 15 minutes.

Have you received a message to say that the service is live?

Have you followed the instructions sent with the router re logging in and checking the account setting if the router does not connect to the internet?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hannahbodkin
Hooked

Hi 🙂

I received a message saying the phone line is now live, but not specifically the broadband. I expected them to go live on the same day but maybe that’s not the case?

It’s been plugged in for over 12 hours now and I have followed all the instructions included. The light has changed from static orange to flashing orange today though.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

SOGEA orders seem be problematic (or they were) as they require(d) manual intervention to order the phone and broadband services separately. This needs a staffer to confirm, but I would suspect that the broadband order could not be processed until the phone line was activated - which creates a 5 day delay.

This all to do with complexities in BT’s backend systems which ISPs are obliged to use to process orders.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hannahbodkin
Hooked

Okay - thanks for the info 🙂

Is there any indication of how much longer I can expect to not have internet? I work from home and it’s been out since Thursday.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Hannah,

I'm really sorry for the delay. From what I can see your account didn't activate automatically after the order completed on the 21st. I've just done that now. Can you let me know if you can get online? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
hannahbodkin
Hooked

Hello,

Thanks for activating - yes it’s working now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear that!

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet