cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Home Phone Order

TSD
Hooked

Cancelled Home Phone Order

A couple of days ago I ordered phone and broadband.  I have now received an email confirming that my home phone order has been cancelled?  I didn't cancel it.. 

How would I find out if this is just some technical hitch I can just ignore or if in fact the phone order has been cancelled for some reason?  I assume without a phone line I wouldn't be getting broadband either?  The money has already been taken for my order and has not been refunded.. simply put, what is going on?.. am I getting a phone and broadband from PlusNet or am I going elsewhere?

11 REPLIES 11
TSD
Hooked

Re: Cancelled Home Phone Order

A wee update.  This morning I received a letter from PlusNet detailing my broadband and home phone order etc. dated the 28th.  Of course on the 30th I got an email saying my order was cancelled so I am actually no further forward. 

I did try phoning but I, and no doubt everyone else too, have better things to do than hang on to the end of a phone for half an hour plus waiting to talk to someone.  I am slowly but surely being tempted to cancel this nonsense and go back to TalkTalk who at least have email support and a chat doodaa..

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @TSD, sorry for the issues with your order. It looks like there was a problem with an automated order. We've since put that right and your phone and broadband are due to move across to us by the end of the day on 8/7/22. Please do shout up if there's anything else we can help with. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TSD
Hooked

Thank you for getting back to me.. hopefully we are all sorted now then..

TSD
Hooked

So here we are, it's Friday.  Big news is I have a home phone, fabulous.  There's more good news in that my fibre broadband is activated and ready to go too.  The not so good news is I haven't received my router so it makes no odds how activated my broadband is because I can't get the use of it.. and the drama goes on..

TSD
Hooked

Hi @adamwalker Adam.. home phone is on, broadband is apparently on but I haven't got my router yet.  Could you look into this for me please.

Thanks for your help

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Did you order a router?

If so has it been dispatched, you can check in the member centre.

If not, do ypu have a router, who was your previous supplier, maybe it can be reconfigured.

Perhaps you could let us know more ifo on what you have done?

TSD
Hooked

Hi..

Yes I did order a router.  At the moment the status of my order says, "The payment for your Plusnet Hub Two DSL has now been made."  So it has been paid for too.. just hasn't arrived.  I do have old routers kicking about so in the meantime I will set up one of those but I was told, as everyone is, that the new router would arrive a day or two before the broadband was activated.. However, on the website it also states that, "The order is awaiting processing." 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there @TSD, I'm really sorry that the router didn't reach you in time for the activation, we've ordered another for you. They can take 3 to 5 working days to arrive after a day or two. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TSD
Hooked

Hi @adamwalker

Thanks for getting back to me and for sorting out the router issue.  I will of course let you know how that goes.. we're getting there..

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Looks like you're up and running on your new router @TSD, let us know if you have any further issues at all, we'll be more than happy to help. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
TSD
Hooked

A final update.. received the router yesterday, hooked it up, and everything is working really well.  So, aside from the earlier confusion of unrequested cancellations, going passed the target dates, not sendng out the router before the line was activated.. it's all good.  So thank you to those who did their bits to get me sorted out.. appreciated..