Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Cancelled Fibre Broadband

@seancowling wrote:

@Gandalf 

Thanks for getting back to me.

Appreciate you are not long onto the issue (and I do appreciate the help), but are Plusnet doing everything they can to get this escalated up the chain? Has there just been no response from the supplier today? I reported this issue a week ago, and am being quoted a "review" date that will be two weeks from the issue being flagged. What happens if the supplier comes back on the review date and sets another one another week out? This issue is causing a serious amount of problems in my work life and it really feels like I am being gas lighted a bit here.

It is most likely that Plusnet are doing everything possible here, but the same cannot be said about BT Openreach.  Far too often they continue to act as though they are a nationalised industry where speed and proficiency do not enter the vocabulary.  If BTOR say wait 5 days they will not even respond to an ISP enquiry before 5 days have passed.  If they get the work done within 5 days and respond to the ISP - great - but from my experience there is zero point the ISP chasing before then.

There are other ways of speeding things up a little bit - end user complaint to the CEO of BT Openreach can open "brand reputation" escalation to the DSO.  The email address of the CEO is readily available on the internet (posting it here might attract censure).  I have found this approach works well.

One wonders if ordering a brand new line might be quicker?

This is a database records issue INTERNAL to BT Openreach ... yet they need their customer (the ISP) to chase them to fix their own problems.  One might suggest that is shambolic, requiring a root and branch review from Ofcom.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

seancowling
Rising Star

@Townman 

Thanks for the reply.

I've emailed the BT Openreach CEO in the faint hope that it might expedite the issue, but I'm not sure how much use this will be.

I'll await Adams response today to see if there has been an update from their supplier, or for his thoughts on whether ordering a new line, as you suggest, would sort these issues quicker. Either way, I do not care how we get there as long as we get there -sharpish.

Sean.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @seancowling

Thanks a lot for keeping in touch on here. as you've seen, I've had a look at our suppliers TAGS system this afternoon, they've acknowledged the issue and have raised it with the relevant department on their end, so we expect an update on 08/023/2022. In my experience, these sort of issues have been resolved before the specified lead time, but I think there's some sort of issue with BT's Availability Checker today, as I haven't been able to have a look at the Tags Marker on the line. 

@Gandalf will be reviewing the matter again next week, but if you want to reach out on Monday, we'll happily see if we can check again. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
seancowling
Rising Star

Morning @adam945 @Gandalf 

I've updated the support ticket looking for an update on this. Can you please advise?

Sean.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Sean, I've just checked this and we're still unable to place the order unfortunately. I'll ask Adam A to check this again when he's back on shift later today. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
seancowling
Rising Star

@adamwalker 

Thanks for checking. Is that because of the issue with the suppliers systems being down (as your colleague alluded to on Friday), or because they still haven't bothered to update their systems?Huh

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @seancowling

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, I don't think Anoush is online today, which is why I've picked this up again. It looks like the TAGS query raised by @Gandalf has been rejected, as Openreach are still saying (incorrectly) that the line already has a broadband service on there. 

Going forward, I've raised something called a Data Integrity formwise with Openreach to have this investigated on their end, and corrected if found to be wrong. 

I'll be in touch as soon as I hear back. Thank you for your continued patience here. 

Adam
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

More BTOR delay tactics / failure to own their own problems? What is the escalation level here? DSO?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I wouldn't say they're "delay tactics" in all honesty, it's a common issue which does take some time to resolve. We've followed all of the correct steps on our end so far, and have to wait for the Openreach Data Integrity report to come back before being able o escalate. 

Adam
seancowling
Rising Star

@adam945 

When will this be investigated? This issue continues to trundle on, and I am no further along with getting back up and running.

If possible, can you escalate this further right now? Am I able to escalate this further with Plusnet? Is the escalation @Townman suggests possible? This problem, and the "solution" thus far is total nonsense. 

As before, I feel like I am being gaslighted here (by Plusnet and/or their suppliers). Once again, I have to ask, if I cancel my contract with Plusnet immediately (and I think at this point I'd be well within my rights to, without penalty) and go to another supplier to take the line back over, will this expedite me getting back online?

seancowling
Rising Star

To add:

As I have mentioned to everyone at Plusnet who I have spoken to about this issue (and there have been a few), we had working broadband at the property for around three weeks until this issue started.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This is not a matter of a physical issue but a mess with BT’s databases.

Adam - one might not see it as delaying tactics per sec, but the failure of BT to fully own their internal issues and sort them out within has the effect of adding delays rather than getting the issue fixed quickly … without utilising your valuable time chasing them down to fix what they broke.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I believe, fingers cross, I've managed to solve the issue @seancowling.

Basically, when we initially provided a service at your new property, the order completed on Openreach's side, but remained delayed in BT Wholesale's database. The order then cancelled on BTW's side, but remained open and active with Openreach. This usually causes an array of issues with both the service itself (hence you've been cut off), and the TAGS database. 

Anyway, going forward, I've been in further contact with BT Wholesale this afternoon, they've managed to find the "completed" order on Openreach's side, and are now in the process of raising a request to cancel the service. 

Cancelling the service will (should) correct the TAGS issue that we're having with your line, and should enable to place the order as early as tomorrow, if not Wednesday. @Gandalf has this case under personal ownership so he'll be in touch when he's next in, but I'll be more than happy to follow up on any further questions you have for now. Smiley 

Adam
seancowling
Rising Star

@adam945 

Thanks for the update. Perhaps finally, we are getting somewhere.

I'll chase the ticket up tomorrow morning to see where we are at with getting the order in. Once this is in, I assume Plusnet will immediately be pushing this to get expedited? When might I expect to be back online?