cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my activation date be changed?

caldwellmark83
Hooked

Can my activation date be changed?

Hi, I am very concerned that I am going to be without internet access for potentially a whole day or more having made the switch from Sky to Plusnet. My partner and I use it for work and have no other option for connecting.

With this in mind my current switchover date is on Friday the 5th of November, would it instead be possible to make the switch on the Saturday when I am not working.

I have already been notified by both Sky and Plusnet in regards to the date.

Many thanks, Mark

10 REPLIES 10
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Can my activation date be changed?

Hiya @caldwellmark83, a warm welcome to Plusnet and to our Community Forums!

We are only able to request weekdays for orders I'm afraid, so we wouldn't be able to change the date for the Saturday. If there's a different weekday that would be more suitable, just get back to us and we can assist with getting it amended for you (though please note we wouldn't be able to bring it forward, only select a later date).

If you have any further queries at all, then just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
caldwellmark83
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. I still can't believe how long it may take. If I stick with the Friday would I be guaranteed to have it working on the Monday?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm sorry for the concern caused. Of course we can't account for every eventuality (such as a fault occurring), but the likely result is the change over happens with no issues and in most cases the downtime is minimal.

The order can take up to midnight on the day to complete so should everything go ahead as expected, you will have your service working by the Monday no problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
caldwellmark83
Hooked

Great, thank you for the reassurance Lauren.

caldwellmark83
Hooked

Hi, I was just wondering if there is anywhere I can track or see an ETA for when my connection will be up and running. I'm currently tethering from my phone and having issues so just wanted to get connected asap.

Many thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @caldwellmark83

Thanks a lot for reaching out. Unfortunately, we're unable to track orders on the account on the day itself. I've just had a look at them and can confirm that they're still committed to complete today, but as per the comms we send out, it can take up until midnight to complete.

Once the orders do complete, you'll receive emails stating that your services are ready to use, the phone order usually completes before the broadband. If you're still having issues tomorrow, feel free to reach out and we'll investigate.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
caldwellmark83
Hooked

I've just received one to say my home phone service is ready to use. I thought this maybe meant my broadband was active so will that likely follow quite quickly now or is it hard to say?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah nice, yeah I've just seen that too, it's hard to say though, more often than not, it's within around two hours. Delays can occur from time to time though, but we wouldn't really know for sure until tomorrow. At the moment, there are no engineer notes on the broadband order that indicate some sort of issue. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
caldwellmark83
Hooked

Great, thanks, will keep my fingers crossed

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all, let us know if you have any other questions. Smiley