cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

kmall29

Broadband

I’ve recently moved into a new property.
I spoke with one customer service member about moving and staying with Plusnet. They advised that we wouldn’t be able to get fibre at the property and pretty much told us to look at Virgin.

I rang back 2 days later to speak with them again. This representative informed us that we can in-fact have the unlimited fibre and sorted us out with a new contract etc. Even told us don’t worry that it would be set up in 10 days time and we would be up and running over Christmas. I was pretty impressed with this!

I’ve not heard anything from plusnet and it certainly hasn’t taken 10 days. Can anyone advise how long it can take or if they have had problems like this before?

4 REPLIES 4
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Broadband

Hi @kmall29,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not had an update through on this yet. I've had a look at the account this evening and I can see an update has been added to this support ticket, confirming the estimated transfer date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
kmall29

Thanks for the reply. I’d love to say your reply solved it. However as I said the salesman on the phone said it would be set up in 10 days time and we’d be up and running over Christmas.
The 6th January is the first I’ve heard of it. Would this not be misleading of your colleague? Are your calls recorded?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @kmall29, thank you for getting back to us. I am really sorry that the order is due to complete later than expected.

Our calls are recorded and I will ensure to take a listen and pass on any relevant feedback to their management so this can be reviewed internally if incorrect information has been advised.

The 6th Jan will be the soonest date that our suppliers are able to commit to completing the order based on availability and work stack in the area. Whilst we request the soonest date we can based on that order type's minimum lead time, as the order progresses this could change when our suppliers commit the order. We're not able to bring this forward.

I am really sorry for any incorrect expectations that have been set and our Provisioning Team will continue to monitor this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Suggesting an unqualified 10 days would be surprising, especially at this time of year.  All ISPs are dependent upon the same BT Openreach engineers for installations.  One would expect that the 10 days were qualified with the words "typically" and "working" (not weekends and bank holidays) and subject to staff availability.

No ISP can guarantee BTOR staff availability ... especially whilst covid is ripping through the nation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.