cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband switch

RowanHayley
Hooked

Broadband switch

Hi PlusNet team - hope this is the right place for this! I'm switching over from Sky, who have stopped my internet today/ceased the phone line. I haven't had any communication at all from PlusNet all day - can someone please tell me when I can expect to get online?

I work nearly exclusively online, and am currently hotspotting off my phone which is not ideal. Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Broadband switch

@RowanHayley  Welcome to the forum.

I hope that you have left the transfer of the service from Sky to Plusnet and not cancelled the Sky service yourself?

If you have cancelled the service then the line will have been stopped and there will be a delay before you will be reconnected.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RowanHayley
Hooked

Thanks Baldrick! I haven't been in touch with Sky, no, spoke to someone on the PlusNet chat and confirmed that would all be done at their end (:

RowanHayley
Hooked

@Baldrick1 - sorry, forgot to tag, please see prev ^

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@RowanHayley 

If Sky have stopped your service then something is going right. OpenReach need to transfer you from Sky equipment onto theirs and when complete inform PlusNet who switch on the service. This can happen any time during the day up to 23.59

Login to your PlusNet Members page and have a look around. You're looking for anything related to "My Order" or Open Questions.

Brian

RowanHayley
Hooked

Thanks @bmc Brian,

Have had a good click about - unfortunately on the home page I just get a 'your order is processing' message, and on the 'Manage Account' page I get an error message. There's also no activation date anywhere - 'just a Your broadband order should complete on {strCustActivationDate}' or totally blank.

Thanks for your help, and if this is all usual and it's a case of waiting until midnight before I get anxious, that's okay - just wanted to check this all sounds right, haha.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@RowanHayley 

As you've not said, I assume that you've received your PlusNet HubOne modem/router. Another sign the system is working.

Hopefully a staff member will come along and confirm things.

Brian

RowanHayley
Hooked

Hi @bmc, yep - that's all arrived and waiting patiently for its time in the sun! Hopefully will get some staff eyes on this soon (:

Thanks for your time!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @RowanHayley,

I've just had a look into this tonight and I can see that, though it hasn't completed just yet, your orders are still due to go live before midnight today. If it's not up and running by the morning, please drop another message onto this thread and we'll be happy to take further look into this with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RowanHayley
Hooked

@TheMightyAJ heya, thanks for taking a look! I’ve had a confirmation that the phone line is up and running, so I’m waiting on the broadband confirmation next, yep?

Thanks again, and happy weekend!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good news @RowanHayley, I've just checked over the orders again and I can see that the broadband is now good to go! If you just set your router up and turn it on (or reboot it if you already plugged it all in), then you should be online Smiley

If there are any issues, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RowanHayley
Hooked

@TheMightyAJ yup, all sorted just as I got your reply! Thanks everyone for your help, will close this up now (:
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear it's all up and running now Smiley 

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
RowanHayley
Hooked

@TheMightyAJ I can’t flag to un-fix, so hopefully this will show up for you still!
I’m having a lot of trouble with the Internet dropping out for a few minutes at a time, several times a day.
There’s no Ethernet port on my laptop, so I’m not able to see if it’s happening there or just a wireless issue. Its happening on all devices. Please could you advise?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @RowanHayley

I've unfixed the topic for you now although you should've been able to do this through the Post Options button.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection. I've tested your line and the tests aren't showing any issues so this likely would be a wireless problem. Could you try the steps explained Here? Let us know how it goes Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet