Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order.

FIXED
Nick63
Dabbler

Broadband order.

I have an ongoing order for fibre broadband which is due to complete on 28th. However straight after placing the order my cabinet said there was a waiting list (available prior to ordering) and now doesn't show FTTC as an option at all. I'm a little concerned that this order will not complete and I will be left with no connection at all as my current provider will cease on the 28th. Can anyone assist in this please.

5 REPLIES 5
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Broadband order.

There's a chance that Plusnet will set you up on ADSL for the time being, then move you on to VDSL once a 'space' becomes available.

If you ordered a PNHub One, this will work on either. IF they put you on ADSL, assuming this goes to plan, the only other drop you should see is when they move you over to fibre.

Ask nicely and they may even 'compensate' you for the inconvenience...?

(plus you'd probably be better off waiting until a member of staff reads this and let them sort this out for you)

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've checked your order and it's definitely for FTTC so you shouldn't end up getting cut off.

It's likely that your order or another one has got the last available port hence the waiting list message

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Nick63
Dabbler

@MatthewWheeler Thanks for getting back to me. yes I noticed the cab status changed to waiting list shortly after ordering, what concerned me more was the fact the cab status yesterday made no mention of fibre at all, although I found it strange as I already have fibre with another isp (I'm switching to you) from the same cab, and I didn't want to end up on ADSL as that is almost useless to me.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Thanks for getting back in touch @Nick63. From checking the orders, there's no reason to suggest they won't complete as planned on 28/03/2019. They are progressing as they should and as mentioned by my colleague the order is definitely for FTTC.

We'll let you know via SMS and email once the orders are active. If there is anything else we can help with, just let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team