Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband order delayed

FIXED
Ichief
Dabbler

Broadband order delayed

Hi, I placed a new order 19 January and today I got text message saying the order has been delayed. I called customer support waited on the line 50min for someone to respond but all that said is you need to wait. Can someone check this please I moved to new flat I need internet asap
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Broadband order delayed

@Ichief 

A warm welcome to the forums.  You do not indicate if this is a FTTC or FTTP order.  This generic guidance might help...

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Hi @Ichief 

Thanks for reaching out over Forums Smiley 

Have you received an email with your activation date on it yesterday? Should be titled: Home Phone - Transfer date confirmation. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Ichief
Dabbler

Yes I received message for activation on 08/02/2023. It’s too long time for activation
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@Ichief As pointed out by @Townman , due to various factors, including the recent Openreach strike action, new connections are taking longer that would be usual, or your actions could have caused a delay (see @Townman 's response above) Without further information, it is difficult to be more precise.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Fix

@Ichief wrote:
Yes I received message for activation on 08/02/2023. It’s too long time for activation

"Too long" by what measure?

What are the circumstances of the order?

• Simple migration from one provider to another?
    • Did you tell the old provider you were leaving?
  • Moving home?
    • Might the previous resident put their own stop order in place - this would inhibit Plusnet placing your order
    • New build - is there yet a BT phone line / fibre to the premises?
  • Upgrade to
    • ADSL to FTTC requires BT Openreach (BTOR) engineer availability to modify connections in the cabinet and exchange 
    • FTTP - has BTOR completed the KCI 2 assure (pre-installation) work?

If this is a simple migration of an exactly same service from one supplier (other than Sky / Now / Talk Talk) to Plusnet, assuming that there are no data record foul-ups within BTw/BTOR this should be 10-14 working day switch. 

Did you look at the ticket history?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.