Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not activated as promised

FIXED
MandyPick
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Broadband not activated as promised

My broadband should have been activated 8th March according to my text from Plusnet.
It is now past midnight and it's not working.
I need to work from home and have no internet.
Please help!
9 REPLIES 9
Lesb872
Hooked

Re: Broadband not activated as promised

I'm in the same boat, my fibre and landline were supposed to activated up to 11:59pm on the 8th too, I got an automated message about 7 min after here (https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search&view_by=7days&from=dd) saying "there's been problem progressing your broadband order" and support team member will pick it up when they can. Might be worth checking that page for any new tickets.

MandyPick
Hooked

Thanks but that just takes me to a page that says 'you can no longer ask a question through Help Assistant'
Lesb872
Hooked

I updated the link, it might work now, plusnets website sucks

MandyPick
Hooked

Thank you - yes I now see
"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Check status in Install Diary and progress."
So I'm now without broadband and can't work tomorrow(or should I say today!)
Can anyone advise what this 'problem' might be?
MandyPick
Hooked

Is anyone from Plusnet able to provide an update for me? Apparently the ticket is still waiting to be assigned to someone.
Seriously starting to regret my decision to switch to Plusnet....
MandyPick
Hooked

So I am now being told to check back on the 15th - a FULL WEEK after my broadband was supposed to go live!! It appears someone forgot to assign an engineer
This is appalling service 😡
I will be advising everyone who may be thinking of joining Plusnet to think again
dlucasandsons

It's unfortunately because the Openreach engineers that get assigned to provisioning and the Plusnet provisioning team themselves are impacted heavily by the recent weather in the UK. Openreach are having to allocate most engineer resource to fault / network repair over activations and provisioning Sad 

It's disappointing but unfortunately it's affecting multiple providers, not just Plusnet.

MandyPick
Hooked

It is Plusnet who didn't make sure someone on their team actioned the order to make sure an engineer was available on the 8th - the date I was told my order would be complete - the bad weather didn't come until yesterday/today!
So I'm afraid that's not really a good enough excuse
MandyPick
Hooked

Fix
Pleased to say that following the help of the Plusnet twitter team my broadband is up and running today - only 5 days late!! I am apparently entitled to £5.50 per day compensation though