Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation

FIXED
abistapleton
Dabbler

Broadband activation

Hi my broadband was due to go live yesterday and we are still not live yet. It has been a month since signing up ad we are still having issues. We were finally put onto the correct broadband service but we still have no connection. I'm not sure what else I can do I have reset it and still get the same orange light and flashing red 'b'
15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband activation

@abistapleton Have you actually been advised that your connection is 'live' - by text and/or email?

John
abistapleton
Dabbler

I had an email to say my broadband is up and running but haven't had anything to say that it is live
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jab1
Legend

OK Try this:
1. Factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

3. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
4. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
5. Remove the DSL cable.
6. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
7. Enter your account password.
8. Plug the DSL cable back in.
9. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it)

No guarantees this will work if Plusnet have any outstanding actions, but it is worth a try.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

There's a disconnection with the phone network @abistapleton

Please accept our apologies for the further inconvenience that this has caused. I've now passed it across to Openreach and we're hoping to have it sorted for you by 18/10/2021.

I've created an open Fault ticket on the account which you can both view and comment on for direct communication with our Technical Support Team here.

Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jab1
Legend

Thanks, @adam945  - the OP is not one of your 'lucky' customers, then 😉

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Unfortunately not Sad

A simple authentication fix would have been something we'd all prefer!

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
abistapleton
Dabbler

Thankyou, is there someone I can talk too about not paying for this months usage due to us not having used any of the services, I have already payed an upfront payment can we move this to start on the date everything is sorted out?
jab1
Legend

@abistapleton Your first payment will cover you from the date Plusnet finally get you online, so your first payment covers you for the first month of actual service, not from the sign-up date.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@abistapleton wrote:
Thankyou, is there someone I can talk too about not paying for this months usage due to us not having used any of the services, I have already payed an upfront payment can we move this to start on the date everything is sorted out?

Feel free to drop us a private message once you're online and we'll be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture or refund..

@jab1 wrote:

@abistapleton Your first payment will cover you from the date Plusnet finally get you online, so your first payment covers you for the first month of actual service, not from the sign-up date.

That'd only apply though until the order's completed, once the order's completed then the billing begins

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

Ooops, sorry @Gandalf , but hopefully the OP will be suitably compensated for this foul-up (on a number of levels)? 😉

John
abistapleton
Dabbler

Thankyou so much for the quick response! This is definitely the nest way to get sorted out. Thankyou again. I will contact you when I am set up to arrange this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem @abistapleton and sounds good

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
abistapleton
Dabbler

Good morning, we have had open reach out to us today and he has got us up and running 'hooray' the phone line was disconnected in the box but he has sorted this out for us. Would you be able to private message me about the money side of things as I'm not sure if what I have paid for already covers me for a month starting now or when I paid. Thankyou