cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Order Delayed without Info

Nacholibre

Broadband Order Delayed without Info

Hi there.
I placed an order on the 15th of July for broadband through Plusnet, in a new flat we just moved into which apparently already had a line installed.

We were told it would be the 2nd of August before connection took place - okay, a long wait but at least there's a set date.

This morning I got a text simply saying 'your broadband order has been delayed'. Can anyone tell me why/ how long for? It's already been such a long wait without internet, were dying to get connected!

Any help much appreciated, ta x
15 REPLIES 15
millienia

Re: Broadband Order Delayed without Info

I'm in similar position. Placed the order 15 July, confirmation email said they would install 3 August (tomorrow). Just reviewed the comms and realised I've not had any contact from then since then and no router delivered either....

Checked on my account page and that shows no date for installation at all. 

Looks like there's something really wrong at Plusnet today

chanur

Me too,got a broadband delayed text no other info and now their phone is down so cannot ask when getting it
Nacholibre

I spoke to someone on the phone this morning who opened a ticket for me. This afternoon at about 2/3pm I got an email saying I had been connected and it's been smooth sailing since then!

Give them a ring, and I hope you guys get it sorted.
millienia

I have just got through on the helpline and my case is being escalated to next-level support. 

Byno

Made a thread before seeing this, I also ordered on the 15th and was supposed to have FTTP installed today. Guessing the 15th of July was a bad day at the office. Zero comms here too and because I have a product change in progress I can't check anything on the site really.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 91

Hiya @Nacholibre and @millienia

I am sorry for the delay you have experienced with your order and for the hassle this has caused. I am glad to hear you have been in touch and got your orders progressed/ resolved.  

Hiya @chanur

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and the lack of updates on your order. I have checked the account and it looks like it is up and running now, but I am seeing some drops that can be seen here

Can I ask if any of those drops is your self rebooting the router at all? 

@Byno, I'm really sorry about the lack of communication received. I can see you are up and running, please get back to me if you need any further help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
johnanddawncole

I'm in the same position, same massage, I canot get through to the help line, tried several time it just put you on hold for hrs. So disappointed with plusnet, moved from talktalk which were good to be fair, big mistake, need my internet for work
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 91

Hiya @johnanddawncole

I'm really sorry for the delay you are experiencing with your order and for the lack of communication as to why. I can appreciate the frustrations this is causing and I would like to help. 

I have looked into the progress of it and it appears there is system issue with the order progressing that our suppliers are working to resolve. Until this is sorted we can't progress the order forward.  

They have asked that we check back in 24 working hours and our provisioning team will keep you updated here

Please get back to me if you need me to chase an update for you at that time. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Byno

@SammyM Hi, yeah the engineer arrived and full fibre is installed thanks. Still got an error on my account though so I can't see contract details etc. Will this resolve itself before my bill is due?
Nacholibre

Hi Sammy. I've been getting drops too, and haven't restarted my router at all since first connecting it. 

Is my internet still get tuned or is this something I'm going to have to find a solution for?

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

@Byno, I've updated your account now so that error should have gone now. Smiley

@Nacholibre, I've tested your line and the tests aren't showing any issues. Is the light on the front of the router changing colour when you notice the drops? Also are your devices connecting wirelessly or wired to your router? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nacholibre

Yes, the router turns red or goes off (can't remember) and I get a router plus net hub window opening in my browser, telling me my connection has dropped. It happened for a few minutes last night. No wired connections at the moment, only my computer and my phone, and it stopped working on both

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Ah okay, if the light on your router is turning red then that suggests it's losing the link to the cabinet outside. Might need to arrange an engineer but before we do, is the router plugged into the master socket using the cables we've sent? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Nacholibre

It is indeed. Connected in the hallway between each room.