cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Delay

JJP1999

Broadband Delay

I originally had ordered internet and set the activation date as the 19th October, however my moving in date had been pushed back therefore I needed to change the activation date. This was seemingly a quick and easy process and after a quick phone call I had verbal and written confirmation that my new activation date would be the 3rd November.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I have now moved into my home and turns out the broadband wasn’t working. I ring on the 4th November to ask why and after about 25 minutes of them testing things it turns out that somehow my order had been cancelled and that they would have to restart my order meaning it could take up to 10 days for my broadband to work.

After a bit of back and forth the advisor tells me she will see what she can do and will ring me back on Monday 6th November. This phone call was simply to tell me she had ‘tried everything she could’ however my activation date would have to be the 17th November, THIRTEEN days after the original, correct activation date.

The advisor claims there is nothing they can do and they’re waiting on openreach to do their bit, they couldn’t give me a phone number and said that i will just have to wait. I’m not sure how there isn’t some priority service I could be given seeing as this is their error and I now have to wait 2 weeks for broadband with very poor phone signal in the meantime.

Does anyone know if there’s another contact I can make to try and push this forward? Baffled as to how I’m expected to wait another full cycle for their error.
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Broadband Delay

@JJP1999 If the service at your new property was ceased, as seems to be the case, then it has to follow OpenReach's rules, and I suspect the new activation date is due to engineer availability, as connecting you involves some actual physical work at your fibre cabinet.  You, as an end user, have no contract with OR, which is why they can't give you a contact number, and Plusnet have to work to OR's schedules.

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @JJP1999 

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

I can see you've raised a complaint online and one of our High Level Escalations team will be in touch soon

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team