Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Activation

FIXED
annette1977
Hooked

Broadband Activation

Hello,

I signed up to Plusnet at the weekend, my phone line was still active from a previous connection, so was still a dial tone. I was allocated a new number and that went live yesterday (Tuesday).

Looking on the order tracker, there is no activation date for broadband says

Broadband orders typically take a week to complete. Your broadband order should complete on {strCustActivationDate}. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens."

I just wondered mainly, if im waiting for them to allocate a engineer to install? As the phone is active and working. 

Do they offer a self install option? or do i still need a engineer call?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broadband Activation

@annette1977  Welcome to the forum.

No-one will 'call'. However an Openreach technician will need to add some interconnections either in your local street cabinet for FTTC or exchange for ADSL.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

annette1977
Hooked

Ok Thanks,

Just wondered if i was awaiting an engineer visit booking before my order could progress and a router being dispatched

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your post @annette1977 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I've had a look into your order and I can see your fibre service is due to go live on the 31st January before midnight.

Also, from what I can see the fibre equipment is still in place connected onto your line at the cabinet (the green box in the road), so it should hopefully be a quick activation on the day. 

We've ordered your router this morning, so it should be in the post shortly and you should receive it by the end of the week.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet