cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Activation

Tiger-lily
Hooked

Broadband Activation

Hi there. My adsl broadband contract ended on 2/11/21 so I upgraded to fibre extra at the end of October. An Openreach engineer tried to connect my fibre broadband today and couldn't because of an issue with being in the wrong pcp or cab. My profile has had 'an error has occurred' message ever since I tried to upgrade. I've been billed out of contract on my old adsl since then. I now have no internet and my hub one modem light is on orange. If it's not possible to be connected to fibre plus or fibre would I be able to go back to having an adsl contract at the price quoted when my old contract ended? Many thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband Activation

Thanks for your post @Tiger-lily

I'm really sorry to see the issues with your fibre order and you're unable to get online. 

From what I can see the engineer completed the job for the fibre order which has turned off your standard broadband service.  I've raised a fault with our suppliers and I'd like to see if we can resolve the cabinet issue so you can have fibre. 

It'll involve us arranging an engineer visit though as we'll need an engineer to provide the correct cabinet details, so our suppliers can carry out what's known as a cease and reprovide of the fibre service to activate it correctly. 

If it turns out we can't provide you fibre then I'll make sure we put you back onto standard broadband as quickly as possible and make sure we reinstate your previous contract and honour the renewal quote we made. 

In either case, I'll also make sure we refund your subscription charges for the time you've paid for a service you've not had. 

Could you get back to me by replying to the support ticket I've logged on your account Here with when you'll be available for an engineer visit? I'll then reply back as soon as I can as I'd like to take personal ownership of this for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Tiger-lily

Just to follow up. Have you had a chance to review and respond to the ticket I've created? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tiger-lily
Hooked

Hi there,
I was unable to reply to your ticket because it was closed. As you will be aware I've been without broadband all weekend now. Rather than have an engineer look into the fibre fault I'd now just prefer to go back to an adsl contract if that's possible please? I'm more than happy to send the Hub One back to you and use my old adsl modem instead. Many thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Tiger-lily

Now this is odd, and I'm not sure if we're looking at the same ticket? I can see the ticket 220952549 I created Friday night is still open and I've been updating it, sending you emails. Could you confirm you are definitely going Here to access it?

I appreciate you've not had a broadband service all weekend, and I'll be happy to move you across back to standard broadband however to set expectations, this will take around 5 working days as we'd still need an engineer to reconnect your line to the ADSL broadband equipment at the exchange. 

Either way though, if you can get back to me via the ticket with your decision I'll be happy to arrange. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tiger-lily
Hooked

I've taken screenshots but I don't know how to upload them. I now see that the ticket was put on hold as soon as you sent the messages so I was unable to respond. Ok I still want to go ahead with switching back to adsl broadband please. Many thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You can still respond even with a ticket on hold. If you scroll down to the bottom of the ticket, do you see a button that says something along the lines of "I need to add further details"? Let me know as I can't take this type of request on our community forums as we haven't passed our data protection checks, but replying to the ticket means you'd log into your account online and in effect you'd pass them by providing your username & password to log in.

To upload a screenshot to a post on the forums, you'll need to be on a desktop device (like a computer or laptop) or if you're on a mobile device, then you'll need to enable desktop browsing in the mobile browser. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tiger-lily
Hooked

Ok I'll do that now.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @Tiger-lily

I'll look forward to your response on the ticket Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet