cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light but no internet

Dafman

Blue light but no internet

Hi. I got a text message today from openreach that my broadband is set up. The light is blue on the router, but I can't access any website. Will Plusnet contact me that they had activated or I have to do something with the router. Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Blue light but no internet

@Dafman Welcome to the forums. Have you been given an activation day by Plusnet? If you have, and it was today, please note it can take up to 12 midnight for all the bits to mesh together.

If you still have problems tomorrow morning, report back.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@Dafman 

Here is an explnation of how this works and a shortcut that might work if it's not on later this evening:

The way that a new service works is that initially Openreach will activate the line. At this point the hub will synchronise with the broadband infrastructure. Once synchronised you might get a blue light but no service or you may get connected at slow speed. The reason for this is that Plusnet have not activated the service at their end. The way that it’s supposed to work is:

1. The Openreach installation is completed
  2. Plusnet are advised.
  3. Plusnet set up the account and advise the customer that they can now connect their hub.
  4. The hub autoconfigures by changing the hubs default username and password to the customers personal settings.

This can go wrong.

What to do in these circumstances.

1. Try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
  2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

1. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
  2. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
  3. Remove the DSL cable.
  4. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
  5. Enter your account password.
  6. Plug the DSL cable back in.
  7. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it).

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Dafman and welcome to our Community Forums.

It looks like your account wasn't quite active when you tried to get online but I can see you're up and running now.

Let us know if you need further help Smiley 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet