Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another re-contracting from FTTP Trial query

FIXED
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Another re-contracting from FTTP Trial query

Following the advice given by @Gandalf at post #4 in this thread I phoned the Customer Options Team to move from the FTTP trial to a contract.  My landline is with BT and I was concerned that it might be ceased so I impressed throughout the lengthy call that I did not want that to happen and received assurance that it wouldn't be.  Initially I was going for the same 80/20 speed but let myself be persuaded to go for 145/30 as it was only £2 more than the former speed but still £several lower than my un-contracted price.

I'm not convinced the changeover is running as smoothly as it should.

Because of the FTTC label attached to the account due to the workaround for enabling the trial, the system seems to think an engineer visit will be required, although I think I persuaded the sales person that no engineer visit was required, but for some reason the 'upgrade' has been scheduled for May 10th whereas I would assume this should/could be much sooner as it's just a software switchover.

However, after the phone call ended I noticed I'd received a text saying my order has been delayed and to call PN on 0345 140 0200 which I did.

I was very underwhelmed by the person I was eventually transferred to in, I believe, the provisioning team who seemed quite vacant about what she was doing.  She kept asking me basically the same question from different angles, i.e. Do I have an ONT installed? Have I always had an ONT installed? Is the ONT near a mains power source?  At one point she said I should also have a "another grey ONT" on the outside wall, so I quickly told her that my CSP is not on the outside wall but indoors.  I explained to her that the ONT was working just fine, my FTTP was already up and running, and the account being associated with a FTTC product was due to the cludge that was done to enable the FTTP trial; I told her repeatedly that an engineer visit was not necessary but I'm not sure if it went in and IMO she sounded somewhat confused.

With all that in mind, I'd be grateful if a Forum Staffer would look over what's been arranged please, and also confirm that my BT landline won't be affected. (Ticket Question number 233354460 applies)

27 REPLIES 27
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 280

Re: Another re-contracting from FTTP Trial query

Oh dear - good job you know what you're doing, @RobPN 😀

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 437

@RobPN  there's probably not many people in customer services (even provisioning) who know about the trial, let alone how the accounts were configured!. The automated system can't handle an upgrade, it has to be done manually. Hopefully one of the Help team will be along shortly to handle it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Unfortunately that seems to still be the case @MisterW .

The  young lady in the COT who I spoke to on the initial call seemed to get her head around it (especially the part about not ceasing the landline) when I'd explained to her about the 'FTTC link', following which she put me on hold whilst she had a word with a colleague in provisioning.  When she came back on she apologised for initially saying the landline would be ceased, but that she'd now had it confirmed to her that because I am a trialist with a landline from a third party (BT) that wouldn't happen.  She didn't manage to give me a satisfactory answer as to why the change would take place on the 10th May though.

I got the impression the person I was transferred to on the second call didn't really understand FTTP at all and seemed to be scrabbling about a crib sheet.

I guess if things look they're about to go pear shaped there's always the 14 day cooling off period to cancel!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

She didn't manage to give me a satisfactory answer as to why the change would take place on the 10th May though

@RobPN  that's because it shouldn't take that long. Although it's not just a PN account change, it does need an Openreach order to change the provisioned speed, but that order does need to be placed manually.

Even though the PN  system doesn't know you have an ONT the OR system does.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Fix

Hi @RobPN,

Sorry for the underwhelming experience you've had. Sad I've got a spare moment, so thought I'd see what I can do to help.

I've pushed this through for you by placing a modify order to regrade your FTTP service to the 160/30 provision. This should complete tomorrow and your account product should then automatically change to Full Fibre 145.

The 10th of May seems to be a default, provisional date in our systems, however as we're simply regrading an existing FTTP service, it should be a lot quicker, normally within 24 hours, so by midnight tomorrow.

Additionally, I can confirm this type of change won't affect your landline service with BT.

I hope this helps! Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Thank you very much @Gandalf I appreciate your intervention and your confirmation that the BT landline won't be affected.

Coincidentally I'd just checked a few minutes ago to see if there were any updated tickets on my account and saw yours 5 minutes after you'd typed it, came here to comment and saw you'd beaten me to it!

Thanks again for coming to the rescue!  Thumbs_Up

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@RobPN That's what wizards, namely @Gandalf  do.😀

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RobPN wrote:

Coincidentally I'd just checked a few minutes ago to see if there were any updated tickets on my account and saw yours 5 minutes after you'd typed it, came here to comment and saw you'd beaten me to it!

Yep. I updated the ticket and posted here at precisely the same time. Wink Tongue

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yep. I updated the ticket and posted here at precisely the same time

Multitasking and Wizardry eh!

the mans talents show no bounds😄

FttpPeter
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

I'm in the same position as RobPN. I'm a triallist on full FTTP and have being forced onto a new contract.

This was agreed on 18/4/23 but have been told it won't take place until 4/5/23, whereas I'd expect it to be a quick switch over.

I've multiple tickets, but the last one is number 233231894.

Could you help to fix this please, as you have for RobPN?

Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @FttpPeter,

Sorry for the difficulties you've had.

I've placed a modify order to regrade your FTTP service to the higher speed profile, which should go through tomorrow. That should then move your account off the trial and onto our proper full fibre product.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Well my regrade happened yesterday as promised and although the changes appear to be reflected in my account details on the PN Portal, I don't seem to be getting the higher download speed.  The upload has increased to circa 30 Mb/s, but the download is only a smidgin over what I was getting before, and I suspect that's only because I changed the setting in my DrayTek router which I'd previously had configured to just below my 8 Mb/s connection speed to reflect my new expected speed.

I suspect (BICBW) that this may be because I have a 'static' IP address and ISTR a configuration change has to be made manually to enable the new download speed.  If so, could that be done please?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I suspect (BICBW) that this may be because I have a 'static' IP address and ISTR a configuration change has to be made manually to enable the new download speed.  If so, could that be done please?

@RobPN  that should have happened automatically with the product change.

What does your account show as current line speed ?

What model draytek router ? and have you tried it with the QoS disabled ?