cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issues broadband

joshuaosika

Activation issues broadband

I ordered Plus net fibre my broadband was meant to be activated yesterday 7/03/24 I got a text when I was at work but it was finished and should be up and running from both open reach and plusnet text messages and emails to confirm it I get home and there is nothing the router is flashing orange so I call up plus net to ask what the hell is going on? Apparently the serial number and the MAC address was wrong as he asked me what it was on the back of the router so it wasn't connecting or something apparently that has been corrected and 24 hours later now on the 8th march today I have still got no internet with the same flashing orange there has been a question raised on my account as they call it but it just says waiting for the status of it how long is this going to take? Because this is getting ridiculous plus they even generating my next bill when I haven't even got a service yet because they can't even get activation done correctly my question ID is 240536185 can anyone please look into this at plus net I literally have no internet and only got 10GB of data as I mostly work from home and this is becoming a massive inconvenience to me
7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Activation issues broadband

the router is flashing orange so I call up plus net to ask what the hell is going on? Apparently the serial number and the MAC address was wrong as he asked me what it was on the back of the router so it wasn't connecting or something apparently that has been corrected

@joshuaosika if the router is flashing orange it means its not getting a DSL signal. Nothing to do with the serial no or MAC address.

Is the router connected directly to the Openreach Master socket ?

Do you have the later master socket with both a phone and DSL socket ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

joshuaosika

It's the main openreach socket it's plugged into that goes into our house it says MK3 next to it. You plug the internet up top and the phone down bottom which I did opted for phone I did had Sky for like 8 years here never any problems just confused
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

opted for phone

@joshuaosika do you mean you've plugged it into the phone socket , using the supplied filter ?

If so, that's wrong, and will explain why you haven't got a connection. Forget about the filter, just plug the router cable directly into the Internet socket

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

joshuaosika

no filter just plugged in at the top of the socket
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case Openreach haven't made the connection correctly in the cabinet. You need to call customer services again and get them to check the connection

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @joshuaosika 

Looks like you're all up and running now.

Let us know if you're still having any issues 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
joshuaosika

Yeah had to ring up for an engineer yesterday all sorted now 🙂