Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation delayed

FIXED
helpme1
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Activation delayed

Hi, supposed to have an upgrade to Fibre today at my parents house. I told them it was easy and wouldn't be any problems.  Router arrived but today I had to wait all day for them to recieve no updates and when I logged into there Plusnet account it said activation date delayed, but no activation date on there??? I was hoping this wouldn't cause them any hassle as they are elderly but sadly this doesn't seem to be the case.  They were already with Plusnet so this is really bad service from Plusnet.  How long will they have to wait?  Anyone experience this?  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 28

Re: Activation delayed

Hi there! 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your upgrade. Checking over your account I can see that your broadband is currently being processed and an activation date will be confirmed within 24 - 48 working hours for this. 

To understand fully what's going off, check out this thread which explains everything you need to know. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
helpme1
Hooked

Thank you Curtis. Considering we are already with Plusnet for phone and internet we were hoping there wouldn't be this long to wait.  However, I will wait to see if activation date is updated but I am a little concerned as my parents will now worry about the direct debit etc etc.  Can you confirm if an engineer will need to enter the home on activation day?  Many thanks.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Was your last account a Plusnet one or John Lewis/Waitrose? 

No engineer will need to come to your address as they'll just be activating the service at the cabinet/exchange. Once everything is up & running, you'll get a text and email to let you know. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
helpme1
Hooked

It was a John Lewis account.  

Many thanks for helping

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's why, the thread I've attached goes into this a little more so I don't know if you've had a chance to read through but essentially a new account will be opened up and we still have to transfer you over to the Plusnet Network. So your order goes through in two stages - 

1. We will arrange for your phone services to be transferred. This will take a minimum of 10 working days.

2. After your phone transfer completes, we will then place your broadband order to make the required changes to your current broadband speed and product. The activation date for your broadband service will be confirmed via SMS and email after the order has been placed. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
helpme1
Hooked

Fix

Hi Curtis.  Thanks so much for this info.  I will put my parents mind at rest that things will progress and they don not need to worry.

Thanks again

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem Smiley Just let us know if you need anything else 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
helpme1
Hooked

Hi Curtis, unsure as to whether fibre activation has gone ahead.  My parents normal broadband router and connection is no longer working but they have had no communication as to whether they have switched to fibre.  Can you help with this please?  Thanks

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. I've gotten the Plusnet account activated for you so all you'd need to do is restart the router and this will begin to connect within 10 minutes. If not let me know and I'll take a further look for you. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team