cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date

allied_biscuit

Activation date

Hello,

I posted a variation of this on the Plusnet FB page, but doing it here as well in case someone can assist me......

"Hello plusnet, my broadband was due to go live yesterday but hasn't. Spoke to two customer service reps who said the problem is with Openreach and I should hear back within the next 24 hours.

Do you think this is acceptable? Even more so as I enquired 3 times before the activation date and told every time that there wasn't a problem and that everything looks good to go.

Like a lot of people right now, I'm WFH and at the moment I'm severely limited in what I can do, I can tether my phone but my data allowance is finite. I haven't received an apology from anyone I've spoken to or interacted with, making me feel that somehow this is my fault for moving to your 'service'.

* When can you expect to hear back from Openreach?
* Can you make another request 'expedited' request on my behalf?
* When will my broadband go live?
* What will you do to make the situation right?

The service I've so far has been so laughably bad, I'd rather go back to dial-up with CompuServe."

Cheers

Biscuit

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Activation date

Hi there @biscuit Apologies for the delayed response from us and I'm so sorry about the issues with the phone and broadband orders that we're handling for you. I can see from updates on the account that our provisioning team have picked this up today and after speaking with our supplier (Openreach) have found out that there's a system issue impacting the orders, to fix these we need to get them cancelled off which is something we've been able to request today. Following that we'll get new orders placed for the soonest possible dates. 

As we've already comitted to providing phone and broadband as of 14/4/22 we'll make sure that you're compensated for the issue in line with the OFCOM automatic compensation scheme, details for that are shown here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

Please let me know if there's anything further I can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415
Moved:

Re: Activation date