cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date.

MikeyM99

Activation date.

Hello, I am leaving sky broadband on Thurs 13th Jan with plusnet taking over my broadband the same day. Is it possible to have my plusnet broadband go live the day before on Wed 12th Jan?
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Activation date.

@MikeyM99 

In a word, no.

I hope that this message doesn’t mean that you’re cancelled the Sky service rather than leave it to Plusnet to take over the working line? If so I would advise that you contact Plusnet straight away and explain what you have done as you could be ending up with your broadband service disappearing into a black hole for weeks.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MikeyM99

Plusnet are taking over from sky. I've been told that sky will probably stop there broadband in the morning and I will receive a message from plusnet sometime during the same day to let me know i can plug in my plusnet broadband, I was just hoping plusnet could set me up a day earlier.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This switch requires engineer activity inside the exchange. Deferring dates for a service switch is normally achievable but pulling them forwards is always limited by engineer availability.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.