Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 month and counting

FIXED
leeegleton
Fixes: 1

1 month and counting

I did what I thought would be a simple home move with plusnet.
Now moving home is stressful enough but a month without Internet and no end insight is driving me mad!
I've called and nothing, no one can seem to sorted it. No date for reconnection, a transcript like a novel, no end in sight and you want me to commit to you for 24months.
Should I just cancel and move on.....
5 REPLIES 5
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: 1 month and counting

What's the underlying issue here ?  If it's an Openreach problem supplying a line at your new property then it's unlikely you will have better luck if you cancel and move on, as most ISP's are going to be dependent on Openreach to actually provide the line.

If you can let us know what the actual issue is we may be able to advise.

leeegleton

30th May received
Unfortunately there has been a delay with your order due to an issue with our suppliers. This issue has been found from when the account was signed up in 2021. We are working with them to get this resolved as soon as possible and we will give you an update once we have more information.

Since then unresolved and nobody wants to do anything about it
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for what's happened. I've had a look and I can see that the order to provide you with a service last year is still open in the supplier systems, even though the service was working. We've been trying to chase this up with our suppliers to cancel the order, so we can move your service onto your new address.

Normally what we'd do for a house move is cease the line at the old address and provide the line at the new address simultaneously, but as it's clear this isn't possible, we've set you up a new account to get you up and running at your new place, independently of the currently stuck order at your old property.

I've manually placed the order now and we should be able to confirm within 24-48 hours when your phone line will be live and once it has been, we'll place your broadband order as soon we possibly can. 

Really sorry again for the massive delay. As soon as we know more, we'll let you know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @leeegleton,

Just to confirm your phone line is due to activate this Friday before midnight and once that's done, we'll get your broadband order placed which normally takes around 4 working days but we'll confirm. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
leeegleton

Fix
Not to worry I've cancelled