Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats going on about Cessation charge

Razorback
Grafter

Re: whats going on about Cessation charge

From BTs website
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9778/~/how-do-i-request-a-mac-code%3F
In most cases you'll need a MAC to move from one broadband service provider to another. However, in a very small number of cases for certain types of (non-BT) broadband connection you follow a slightly different process.

Since PlusNet is a BT connection that would infer you do need a MAC code
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hi albinocory,
I am afraid these guys are right....  We do need a MAC for the migration.  As soon as you have it, just let us know and we'll be on the case for you.
Best wishes
SAB
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Sharon
He is leaving you for BT not the other way round
SharonBrown
Grafter

My sincerest apologies, I must have misread earlier in the thread.  I will have a look at it now and contact him directly once I know what the delay is.
SAB
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hi again  Smiley
It was lovely to speak to you on the phone and I'm pleased that I was able to go someway into explaining the problems.  We'll have a chat next week as discussed, have a good weekend.
Smiley
albinocory
Grafter

Hi,
Yeah it was a good chat and thanks for the explanation it cleared a lot up and has put us at ease for the weekend knowing it was correct what we have been told by BT and because there is lack of communication between ISP's, BT Wholesale who have started the new way without telling anyone and only a few people within PlusNet know about it.
Speak to you next week. Have a good 1.
Mnay Thanks again