cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for final bill

UniCorn1
Hooked

Waiting for final bill

I closed my Plusnet account. My last day of using Plusnet services was 5 January 2023.  My last bill was on 16 December 2022 which I paid in full. I am still waiting for my final bill. When I go to my account it just says "account closing". I spoke with an agent when I cancelled who said that I would be charged a cancellation fee and also the final bill for the period 16 December to 5 January 2023. They advised me to keep my direct debit open and that I should receive my final bill by 9 January 2023 and to keep an eye out. I have not yet received this bill. I rang again on 20 January and the person on the phone said that my account was closed as far as they could see and that I should just delete my direct debit and that I was all paid up with the last payment being in December. I didn't do this - as I assume I will still owe for the period end of December/early January plus a cancellation fee. Can you please confirm when I'll receive my final bill and if/when this money will go out of my account. Can you also please confirm that once this is done I can cancel my direct debit. Thank you. I am keen to get this sorted.

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Waiting for final bill

@UniCorn1 You should receive your final bill, adjusted for the 16 Dec - 5 Jan period within 20/21 days of 5th Jan - if you haven't got it by Friday, I'd give Plusnet another call.

John
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@UniCorn1 Can you also please confirm that once this is done I can cancel my direct debit

Yes, but be very sure your account is cleared before you do so, even wait a few weeks to be sure. Pnet should not debit you again but if they do you recover on the Direct Debit Guarantee. Cancelling debits too early can cause big problems.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@UniCorn1  you pay a month in advance ( apart from any payg calls ) so your bill on dec16 will have been for the period to jan15. So on your final bill should actually be a refund d for the period 5th Jan to 15th jan

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Good spot, @MisterW !😀

John
UniCorn1
Hooked

thanks that is really useful to know. I think I also have to pay a penalty for leaving my contract early so will see if that comes up or if it is covered by the refund! Thanks!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Yes, if you are leaving before your contract expires then there will be early termination charges

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

UniCorn1
Hooked

Thanks everyone - final bill received. It comes out of my account in a few weeks as i had to pay an early termination fee but not much more than that!