cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for loss of service

Woody64

Compensation for loss of service

Hi, on 4th of November last year my phone line stopped working. I reported this the same day and it was fixed on the 9th of November or so I thought. However the phone line went down again the next day. I spoke to a Plusnet agent to report the fault and was told I would be due some compensation for loss of service but I haven't received any. How do I go about claiming it. I think the second fault was fixed the next day but not I can't remember the exact day.
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Compensation for loss of service

Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme

Plusnet is signed up to the Ofcom Automatic Compensation Scheme - see Automatic Compensation FAQs. Plusnet will pay you automatic compensation in the following circumstances:

1. Delayed activation of your broadband and/or landline service
  2. Delayed repair following a total loss of service
  3. Missed appointments

For compensation to be paid (as a credit to your account), you must have a CONFIRMED date for the failed activity. To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

If the services were restored within two working days, no compensation is due.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Woody64, I've just had a look into this for you and as I need to reply with some account sensitive information I've added a response to your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=230486959

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Woody64

Thanks for the replies, info and help.
Woody64

Hi, I relied to the ticket that was opened 2 weeks ago but but didn’t get a response so I don’t know what the outcome is. Could someone have a look at it please as I’m leaving to join BT Home Essentials on the 30th of January.
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Hey there @Woody64 I've just replied to the ticket. Please can you let me know if you can see it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Woody64

Yes I can see your reply to the ticket and I’ve replied thank you.
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

All actioned for you now Smiley Let me know if you need anything else at all.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team