Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to upgrade SIM only

michaelorchard
Hooked

Trying to upgrade SIM only

Morning,

Trying to upgrade my two SIM only monthly contracts to the £6pm for 6GB offer to counteract the price increase - hopefully without the faff of ordering two 2 new SIMs, getting the PAC codes from Plusnet to give back to Plusnet to keep the numbers from the old SIMs.

Can't do this online so tried calling 0800 079 1133 per here https://www.plus.net/contact-us/ but get a repeating message 'sorry this line is now closed' after going through the menu.

Finally got through to someone on 0800 013 2632 to be told for Mobile I need to dial 500. When I said I wasn't calling from a Plusnet number he said it'll work anyway - it doesn't, just says I've dialed an incorrect number.

An all round [-Censored-] experience so far that's making me just want to give up on Plusnet - but hoping posting here might get me some help?

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
michaelorchard
Hooked

Re: Trying to upgrade SIM only

Just tried calling 500 from one of the plusnet SIMs - same "sorry this line is now closed"

Tried calling 0800 432 0200 - next to the big message about being there 7 days a week - go through the menu - same "sorry this line is now closed"

Not great...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Trying to upgrade SIM only

Hi Mike,

I'm really sorry for the issues you're having to upgrade. I'm afraid that it's not possible to transfer a Plusnet mobile number from one Plusnet SIM to another Plusnet one, and in some cases it can break things and the number could be lost.

There was an issue with our helpline number for a short while which we've worked to resolve yesterday, so you should be able to call us on 500 from your Plusnet mobile, or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone now.

Alternatively if you can PM me your full name and mobile number, I'll be happy to change your plan for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet