cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to upgrade, but account is closing

AsrarQ
Hooked

Tried to upgrade, but account is closing

So we had the phone line with another provider and stopped it. I went in to my online account and selected to add line rental to my plan.

The line is now cut and i went back to see what the update on my new plan was and saw a message saying my account is closing. Called and they did not have any reason why it was closing but it looks like i have to apply again and create a new plusnet account and have to be tied down to a new contract (even though i have been with plusnet for 5 or more years i will be a new customer to them).

5 year or so and not had many issues, but now i am without internet for my house and only so much i can do with mobile hot spot. Anyone else ever had an issue like this? Just want to know if there is a solution or i have to get a new account or look for a new company.
5 REPLIES 5
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Tried to upgrade, but account is closing

Hi @AsrarQ 

It seems to me that in cancelling the phone line with your other provider there was no working line at your premises, therefore the broadband would cease because there is no way for signals to get to you.

Adding line rental with Plusnet would not work because you cancelled the line.

What you should have done is to have requested that Plusnet take over your working line from the line provider. That should have made sure that ,in most situations, you keep your original phone number.

You will now have to request a new line be provided  along with a broadband service. It may be possible for the wizards in the Customer Service team to retrieve the situation for you.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

It may be possible for the wizards in the Customer Service team to retrieve the situation for you.

if the line is already ceased then there's no way to retrieve the situation. If it's not ceased yet, then the only possible way is to get the existing phone provider to cancel the cease. Then the plusnet wizards MAY be able to cancel the broadband cease 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I’ve left the office now but to confirm the above posts, based on what you’ve said if you’ve cancelled your phone line, this would’ve stopped your broadband service with us automatically, and ideally you should’ve asked us transfer your phone line to us and upgrade your package. 

If your account is closed, the only way to reprovide your services is by creating a new account but the good news is we’ve got an array of good offers on for Black Friday you can choose from here https://www.plus.net/broadband/ though I recognise you don’t want to be tied down to a contract, we’d have asked for this as part of transferring your phone line across or upgrading your package. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from  Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @AsrarQ

Thanks a lot for reaching out, the above posts are all correct. Our broadband service piggybacks on a working phone line, so when your phone line providers stopped the line on 26/11/2021, our broadband service is automatically ceased. If you'd like us to provide you with a broadband service, we'd also need to provide you with a working phone line, both of these would require a new account to be set up.

Nothing has been created yet, and the line remains stopped. If you'd like to proceed with a new account, please give our team a call on 0800 432 0200.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds