cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take a new FTTC contract while waiting for FTTP to become available.

iwantinfo

Take a new FTTC contract while waiting for FTTP to become available.

Sorry if this question is in the wrong forum, mods please move to relevant one if necessary.

BT have said they are cabling FTTP in my area which is correct because I can see all the new poles and gizmos being installed. Over the air masts are also being installed by other providers.

Im currently out of contract with BT on FTTC and paying a fortune for the privilege as Im waiting for their confirmation I can actually order FTTP. Ive been paying BT's OOC rate for nearly a year and enough is becoming enough.

Despite being a long standing customer of BT, their new contract offers 'specially' for me are only 2 quid less than my OOC rate and so Im considering taking a 24 month FTTC contract with PlusNet to save paying BT's inflated costs.

If I take a 24 month FTTC PN contract and, FTTP becomes available to me within that period, will I be able to swap services mid contract to PN FTTP or, would I get the early termination charges to transfer malarkey?

Cheers in advance!

1 REPLY 1
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Take a new FTTC contract while waiting for FTTP to become available.

@iwantinfo 

You can change mid contract if you so wish. The only thing would be a requirement to take out a new contract.

You can use the following site to check on FTTP availability. You'd be looking for WBC FTTP in the left hand column and Available to the right. there will also be a narrative below the window about FTTP.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Brian