Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP address

FIXED
Ken555
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Static IP address

I requested a Static ip address to be added to my new connection, back on 26th Dec.
I did have one on my account, but it disappeared after a home move.

It seems there are issues currently allocation one, and everything is now on hold until 12th Jan.

Anyone else managed to obtain one recently ?

4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Static IP address

That is odd.  IIRC a static IP address is associated with the ACCOUNT not the telephone line.  Therefore in transferring the account to a new property, I would expect the fixed IP address to move automatically.

Might be that understanding is flawed!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Might be that understanding is flawed!

I don't think it is! Mine certainly remained on a house move.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @Ken555

I'm really sorry to see your static IP had stopped working following moving house. From what I can see it was showing as both active and not active in our systems, which was stopping us from re-adding it onto your account.

I've removed your previous static IP address and I've re-added it now. I've also added a £5 credit towards your next bill to cover the one-off charge for this, because ideally we should've been able to transfer the IP across seamlessly.

If you can reboot your router, your new static IP should be applied to your connection. I've emailed you to confirm what this is but you can also find out by going here http://whatismyip.com/

Let me know if you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Account / Billing..
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine