Did you mean: 

Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Service Restrictions After Failed Payment

Grrr - I sought to annotate the above post to say that there are some specific circumstances such as @vendetta’s where there could be recurrent problems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vendetta
Rising Star

@Townman 
Please see previous post even T&Cs  posted and screen shots etc.
Again I am referring to the time of original T&Cs of certain customers unless those T&Cs have been changed recently.
I have a hard copy since being with Plusnet and it states very clearly that there is a 14-day rest time as such to pay bill in full without restrictions.

The issue is not so much about the 14 days it is about the non access to account which only started after the changes or update to the new billing system you are aware of this and it is clear the 14 days is not the issue it is the fact that the accounts are not Accessible  previous to the new billing update done by Plusnet.

Plusnet themselves have already stated many times there is a problem and the system is not working as it should and have  admitted 100% it needs fixing I have even spoken to their top tier team and management about this and have tons of evidence.!
Enough said.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

I am referring to current T&Cs ... to what extent they do or do not replace anything pre-existing is a matter for Plusnet.

I have just re-raised this whole space in the SU group again. There are very distinct cases such as your own where payment arrangements are in place but things appear to go wrong.

There are though other cases where people intentionally do not have payment arrangements in place and correctly fall into failed billing on day one. Some of them have then is issue that sometimes the slash screen / continue browsing does not work. Generally such can be avoided by having payment arrangements in place.

When people repeatedly complain about the slash screens it’s rarely possible to discern if they have real system issues such as yours ... or they are simply trying to extend their credit line and cash flow to the limit.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @boo1.

Thanks for getting in touch.

I appreciate your comments and apologise for any issues you have previously experienced.

A broadband interruption is placed as a splash screen reminder that a bill is due for payment, and is initiated in the case of missed or failed payments once an invoice becomes due for payment.

I realise inhibiting the broadband can be frustrating however we will always encourage customers to ensure payment details are held and up to date, or to contact us if any problem is likely to be experienced in the case of financial difficulty or other issues with payments. I would also recommend setting up a Direct Debit if this is not held as this allows time to respond to any invoice notification and also is covered by the Direct Debit Indemnity scheme operated by the UK's banks and building societies.

With regards to the broadband interruption and our procedures for late payments, these are mentioned in our standard terms (Section 6) which are available on our website.

I trust this answers your query, however please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

vendetta
Rising Star

When you connect to the internet, you'll be alerted that payment has failed. A prompt will encourage you to update your payment details and pay the amount owed. This has to be done via a debit or credit card and can't be done through a new direct debit. You don't have to make a payment straightaway to use the internet, but the prompts will keep appearing until you do.

That's the problem the above billing system does not work as it should!  This has been the problem all along! Read previous posts!
Again I 
reiterate not everybody pays with credit card or DD nor can you force them to. And the policy clearly states can be paid by debit card but if the system is failing on that billing day then it is the fault of Plusnet not the customer and yet again as stated so many times before this started after the update to the new billing services before that there was no problem also Plusnet you have admitted there is a major problem in black and white. 
Get a grip Plusnet!
Because that is a fact! 

boo1
Rising Star

hi    thanks   for   that  how   i   pay   my   bill   is   up   to    date   when   i   changed   my   date   and   payment   details   from  the  4th  of  every   month   to  the   18th   of  every   month    i   did   not  expect   an   e-mail  on   the   11th of   october   telling  me   i  failed   payment   i  sent   a   e-mail  to   plusnet  about    this   all  i  got   from   them   is  they  don't   responed  to   e-mails   so  with   restrictions  i  could   not   go  to   the   my   account  billing   thankfully   i  could   still  use   the   cummunity   and  one   the   staff  lefted   my   restrictions   but   what   i   am   trying   to   say   is   you  most   give   14 days   you  are  the  only   provider   that   do's   this   other   providers   allow   without   a   restrictions  14  days   why   are  you   the   only   ones  that   do  this   to  me  it   is   very   unfair   my   payment   was  taken  on   the   19th  of   october   no   problem   i  have   seen  so   meny   from  the   cummunity   that   they   get   a   failed  aday   before   the   day  it  is   taken   out   so  what   is   giong   on  there   that  is   not  in  the   t/c   is  it    and   some   customers   it   happens   every   month   and   this   as  been   going  on  since   2018   i  am   a  new   customer    i  have   only   been   with   you   for  over   a  month   put   what  i  have   read  from  the   forum   plusnet   can't   keep   ignoreing   that   there   update   on  account   billing   is  not   working   thanks

vendetta
Rising Star

Just for clarification here is one of the problems below.

To avoid restrictions to your service please make a payment in the next 14 days.

How to pay

You can pay online by logging into https://www.plus.net/pay/ and following the on-screen instructions.
Now Please take note of the highlighted - The problem is for many customers the https://www.plus.net/pay/  does not work & if restricted on said day no access to Plusnet site.
I proved this while on phone as the bill was generated with a rep who then saw the bill generated and straight away while in the account myself on PC the access to Plusnet was stopped while I was actually on the account.
As soon as the Restrictions were removed by that rep, then immediately refreshed access was granted.
Yet even when this is done there is not one place on the customers account in billing to make the payment at all for a debit card payment like there was last year ! It does not exist! NO longer.

Also, if this helps any other customers so far the only way I have managed to get  https://www.plus.net/pay/  to work even with restrictions removed is most times using the Text received to your mobile by Plusnet using 4G or 5G but this can take about at least up to Ten tries or more sometimes less to access then pay your bill.

So the simple solution is the IT dept needs to refer back to the old billing system which worked and see what went wrong when the new billing upgrade was implemented that stopped the functionality from working now.

It is not Rocket Science!
boo1
Rising Star

hi.  I   am  sure. You. Are. right  but. I. Have. never. heard.  Of. Service  restrictions before the payment. date  this. Not  very .Clever. Is. it. from. plunder .before. you. say. read the  small. Print  no. other .provider .did  this .like. I  said.   I. Changed. My bill .date .and  payment. from. The. 4th  of .every. Month. to the. 18th of every. Month  the. fact that .they tried  to. take  payment on .the  11th of October  this. means it. was not. I  miss. Payment. And  the .fact .that .I  still  got.  restrictions . Thankfully. One. Of.  Community staff .had. to. lift. My restrictions. Thanks

bvzja
Hooked

My direct debit doesn't come out till the 28th but my services have been restricted for some reason, can someone fix it please?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@bvzja

There's no service restrictions on your account, no failed payment restrictions or notices, and no billing outstanding. I cannot see any issues I'm afraid. Can you explain the problems you're having?

bvzja
Hooked

Hi thanks for the reply, I switched the router off and back on and it fixed the problem
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your post @bvzja.

We're pleased to hear that it's now resolved.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

bazza2
Hooked

Im writing this as my husband had accident at work and smashed his elbow but the service is in his name....

We are constantly not only getting restrictions every month but on a daily basis, all hours of night and day, we have calls looking for a plumbing company who had our number.

Apparently this company has gone bust and owes loads money and the calls are getting very distressing, especially as im disabled and our son is autistic.

Now my husband has had major surgery on his elbow, pins , and metal as it was totally smashed, i cant really take much more,,,,,,plusnet has been made aware of these calls but still getting them, Cant block numbers as its diff num constantly or withheld.

Yes i could change num but with all different hospital app for my son and myself, plus schools, etc it will take forever to change, plus this is NOT our problem to fix, Plusnet has known for months, sent us link to put stop to it , to no avail

Also when you save our number on i phones etc it saves as this company!

Now constantly have a restricted service which upsets my son, 

When u try to ring customer services they wont talk to me, but my husband only just came home.

i understand if bill is late, yes services should be restricted ,like no out going calls or something.

but due to stress these distressing calls im receiving n my husband not well,,,customer service will not discuss account with me,,, plz tell me what am i sposed to do?

A deposit was paid before our service was connected,,and not missed any payments before! i feel very badly and unfairly treated,,plus this service has made me feel unsafe in my home due to calls esp in the night

bazza2
Hooked

sorry i copied this somewhere else on here,, dont know how lol

boo1
Rising Star

hi   vendetta   from  boo1   i  have   just  read   a  post   from  bazza2   i  wonder   if   you  cuold   help   they   only  registered  about  2  hours  ago   if  you  could   read   the   post   and   advice   them   what   they   can  do  next   you  do  give   good   advice   thanks