cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling Monthly Contract

xDSL

Rolling Monthly Contract

The minimum term of my contract is due to expire next week; I would like it to continue as a rolling monthly contract.

I provided notice to cancel my contract after your Customer Options Team signed me up to a 12-month Fibre Extra package for £40.98 per month, which they promised on the phone would cost much less.

However, the same team does not appear to understand that I want to continue out of contract with Unlimited Broadband on a monthly basis. They have so far been unwilling to action this and keep wanting to sign me up to a further 12 or 18-month contract.

I have also tried to resolve this last week through my account. However, I still have not received a reply from the relevant team with regards to Ticket #198414836.

Please can someone help me resolve this? @Gandalf

3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Rolling Monthly Contract

Hi and welcome to the forums.

To confirm :

Once your contract expires, you'd automatically move to the standard cost of the account for your broadband and line rental (if purchased from us).

This would be £19.99 for line rental (if applicable) plus an ADSL, Fibre, or Fibre extra package deal.

A fibre contract would normally only be offered in exchange for a 12/18 month contract, so if you could advise specifically when/how you were advised differently, I can advise further.

I've also updated your ticket as their is a question that it's imperative you answer quickly. I'll keep an eye on the account so I can put reverse mechanisms in place should it be required.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
xDSL

@plusnettony wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forums.

To confirm :

Once your contract expires, you'd automatically move to the standard cost of the account for your broadband and line rental (if purchased from us).

This would be £19.99 for line rental (if applicable) plus an ADSL, Fibre, or Fibre extra package deal.

A fibre contract would normally only be offered in exchange for a 12/18 month contract, so if you could advise specifically when/how you were advised differently, I can advise further.

I've also updated your ticket as their is a question that it's imperative you answer quickly. I'll keep an eye on the account so I can put reverse mechanisms in place should it be required.

I have now replied to ticket #198414836 with further information about my intentions.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @xDSL 

Apologies for the late reply, I've just added a response on to your ticket 198414836 now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet