Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewing made difficult!

FIXED
davids1
Hooked

Renewing made difficult!

I've received a text urging me to check my renewal options online (contract ends in July). 

When I go online I get a single offer - line rental and fibre extra for £29.95 a month. Selecting it gives me "Oops, that offer isn't available. Please call us on 0800 432 0080 to find out the latest deal we can give you." I'd rather review the options online so I can make a considered decision. Any reason why this isn't open to me? I don't have a complex setup. 

The price on offer if I just carry on the contact and don't seek out a new deal is ridiculous (almost double what I'm currently paying)... why? 

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Renewing made difficult!

Fix

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the issues with renewing online.

From what I can see you're in what's known as a WLR Stop Sell area, which means that our suppliers are no longer taking orders for a phone line or FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet) as they're favouring FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) now. 

I suspect that our online contract tool is checking the line availability before allowing you to renew, but as there's no availability for a phone line or FTTC, it's stopped in its tracks. 

If you can call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632, they'll be able to get around this issue from our side, providing that you stay on the same package, but for a cheaper cost still.

Alternatively we should be offering FTTP soon or if you'd want that potentially even sooner, call us on the above number and we'll be able to sign you up for BT or EE, waiving any termination charges for closing your account with us. 

I hope this helps but let me know if you've got further queries. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet