cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for cancellation

Paulcoleman1986

Refund for cancellation

Hi!

I recently cancelled an accidental broadband upgrade (it started a new account but I'm now in the process of upgrading my old one)

This was cancelled on at the beginning of October.

I was told that I would receive a refund of 24.99 via my direct debit, I had cancelled the direct debit but was informed that the refund had be processed back to it and would take around 5 working days, this was around 10 working days ago.

I was just wondering how long it takes to get the refund? As the cancellation and refund were first confirmed on the 5th?

I've tried messaging through the helpdesk but haven't had a reply since last week.

Hoping someone on here could help?
11 REPLIES 11
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Refund for cancellation

Good Morning @Paulcoleman1986, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry that you haven't yet received your refund. I have taken a look at the account for you and have provided further information with regards to this here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219134837

If you have any issues accessing the link, the information has also been sent in an email for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Paulcoleman1986

Thank you for the reply, I'll await a link for the bank details now, last time I had a reply it mentioned that a refund to my direct debit had been possible so think that's where the confusion came in, I'll wait until the 11/11/21 and reply if needed after that date,

Many thanks
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me, you should have received the email by now so would advise to check your emails including the junk folder.

If the link in the email doesn't get filled in within 14 days of the email being sent, a cheque would then be issued within a further 14 days.

I hope this make sense but if you have any further queries in the meantime, please do just get back to us and if you haven't received the refund by the advised date, we will get this chased up for you.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Paulcoleman1986

Thanks for the fast reply, I can't see an email anywhere so think I'll have to wait for the cheque to be sent,

Thanks again!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, should you have any further queries in the meantime, just get back to us.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Paulcoleman1986

Good evening,

This is a slightly earlier reply than the 11th (when I mentioned I'd follow up) but I've reread the message sent and it says at the end : '' If after this point you have still not received your refund, please do get back to us so that we can chase this with our Billing Team for you.

The latest date you should receive your refund by (if the form wasn't filled in) is the 2nd November.''

I still haven't received a refund and hadn't received an email that I could see, but as I've missed the form deadline and the refund should have been issued by yesterday would it be possible to have this checked please if its not too much hassle?

Many thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Paulcoleman1986

No problem, thanks for getting back to us,

I'm sorry to see you've not heard about your refund yet. I've looked into this and I've dropped you an email.

Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Paulcoleman1986

Good evening,

Back again! 😆

I was informed that I should wait until the 8/11/21 and inform you if still no refund by then, I haven't received anything yet I'm afraid,

Many thanks,

Paul.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey @Paulcoleman1986

Thanks a lot for getting back to us and I'[m really sorry to hear that you've yet to receive your refund. I've just made a note of your account and will chase this up with our Billing Operations Team tomorrow. I'll then send you an email and will follow up accordingly. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Paulcoleman1986

Thank you for chasing this up, I received this response,

Dear Mr Coleman,

Hope you're doing well. This is just to confirm that I've now sent your account over to our internal billing team in order to have a cheque re-issued. The original one was not sent as the direct debt details on the account were removed at the wrong time, meaning you did not receive an email to provide new ones, and a physical cheque had also not been processed.

I'll send you an email once I've had confirmation that the cheque has been issued.

Thank you for your continued patience.

This reply was sent on the 12th, is there any way to find out if the cheque has been sent out yet?

Thank you.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Haha that email was from me @Paulcoleman1986

I haven't heard back from our billing team about re-issuing the cheque yet though, so I've escalated the ticket on the account to them, and have asked that they let me know once the cheque has been issued. We'll be in touch to confirm this once it has been sent. Thank you for your continued patience Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds