cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent product change - but lastest bill doesn’t make sense.

sys7em
Dabbler

Recent product change - but lastest bill doesn’t make sense.

Hi, Could someone at Plusnet please have a look at my account billing. Had a product change from Unlimited Broadband/Home phone to Full Fibre 74 only yesterday. All went well, and the new install is all working. That said, my next bill doesn’t make sense. Was paying about £28 a month, moving to £23 with the new deal. My next bill is showing nearly £50. Understand there’s around £7 for the new router, but the rest doesn’t make sense?? Thanks. - Richard.
12 REPLIES 12
sys7em
Dabbler

Re: Recent product change - but lastest bill doesn’t make sense.

Perhaps it’s incorrect due to my billing being around the same date as my product change. As I mentioned above, our move to Full Fibre 74 was yesterday. We do not have our FTTC/Home phone now, though we’re being charged another months worth. No mention of Full Fibre 74 on the bill at all. The £6.99 charge for the new modem I agree with. Can’t seem to post a pic here, so I’ve added one to my public images.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Does page three of your invoice (the breakdown of charges) give any better detail?

John
sys7em
Dabbler

Hi. No, unfortunately the breakdown makes no sense either. A picture of this has been added to my public images.
sys7em
Dabbler

Added a picture of the bill/statement before that too. As you can see, that was fine. No arrears on the account and paid via Direct Debit each month.
jab1
Legend

@sys7em Thanks for the previous months invoice - it makes it a little easier to explain. Essentially, you have been invoiced on your latest bill for the last 6 days of your old contract, along with the full month (from 16/02/23) upfront, as is normal, including the applicable discount for those 6 days.

Your next invoice will cover the period from 16/03 to 15/04 and should contain, on that same page 3 just two lines of charges - one each for the broadband component, and one for the line rental component, which should come to your agreed contract price.

I assume when you agreed this new contract that you asked whether the £23 would be the price up to your March invoice for next year?

John
sys7em
Dabbler

Thanks for coming back to me. I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick… We were on Plusnet Unlimted Fibre/Home telephone line (FTTC) until 8th of Feb 2023.

On the 9th Feb 2023 we’ve had FTTP fitted (by an engineer) at our home as part of a Plusnet product move to Full Fibre 74.

We no longer have a telephone line at our home. So my latest bill, due to be taken by DD on or around 16th Feb will be completely wrong. No mention of the Full Fibre 74 move, and being charged for a telephone (and FTTC product) we no longer have.
sys7em
Dabbler

In these pressing times, as we all know, the cost of living is getting quite ridiculous. We moved to a cheaper Plusnet product to save money. We can’t afford for nearly £50 to be taken by DD when we don’t owe this.

Posted a pic of our Full Fibre 74 confirmation email in my public image folder.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@sys7em  When you have a change of contract or service so close to when a bill is produced then changes will take some time, normally the next billing cycle, to catch up with those changes. @jab1  Has not got it wrong, far from it, wait until your next bill, which by the way @jab has tried to explain, are billed and produced in advance, and if then you don’t think are right do let the forum know.

sys7em
Dabbler

Sorry, I completely disagree.

The product change was booked in January 2023, with the earliest FTTP BT engineer appointment for us being 9th February. This has been done and we now only have Full Fibre internet to our home.

I understand that the product change and a billing cycle might have happened at a similar time for Plusnet. This is not our fault and now needs correction.

To be charged another month of FTTC/Home phone line rental at more cost is not acceptable. We require this situation to be rectified and the correct amount of £6.99 (new modem), plus £23.99 (Full Fibre 74) to be billed to us.

Just to add, the end date of our last 18 month Plusnet fixed price product (FTTC/Home phone line) was the 16 February 2023. You would think that the time between the change of product on 9th February and 16th February would be enough time for a company in 2023 to get their billing correct?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hey, based on what you’ve provided here, this would likely be because your bill was produced on the 9th before the product change to full fibre completed on the 10th. The direct debit would have already been pending with the bank as there’s a 5 working day advance notice period when taking a payment via direct debit.

Definitely agree these are pressing times with the cost of living crisis. We can’t adjust a pending direct debit payment, however billing should then catch up on the following bill in March where you’ll see extra discounts to cover the FTTC/line rental you’d have paid from the 10th, so in effect you’ll only pay for full fibre from then.

Let me know if this doesn’t make sense though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Mustrum , @Gandalf . Thank you. I have done my best, but obviously the OP does not understand that a company the size of Plusnet has to create/produce invoices to a time-scale which can on occasion cause a slight apparent 'mismatch. They are not produced manually, after all.

John
sys7em
Dabbler

Thank you all for your input and time to respond. I have understood everything that has been said in your reply’s.

Do I agree that I have to just accept that the DD will be wrong and it should correct itself in the months to come? Emphasis on ‘should’. No, I do not.

Have a good day everyone.