cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Major Billing Problems

Dezz
Dabbler

Well clearly this is not fixed. I upgraded my package in April from standard fibre to fibre extra and took the tv package as a replacement for Sky, on a deal. 

Today I checked my bank account and I have been debited for the full amount of £55.28 instead of £34.95. Not only that, looking further back this also happened in May. 

Plusnet Chat advised that this was due to a 'major system error', with an unknown fix time and I just have to wait for them to sort it out. If this has been happening for what seems months then I'm not holding my breath. 

My regrading process was an utter shambled with endless tests, an engineer visit when twice it turned out to be an error on Plusnets side. (not to mention the threat of a £120 charge if it were mine - even though nothing had changed for years). 

I'm beginning to wonder whether ditching Sky was such a good idea after all and investigating my issues with OfCom etc. 

14 REPLIES 14
SHawkes
Hooked

Hi Dezz,

i thinks it appalling that a company can just overcharge on direct debits and billing .imagine how many people don’t  actually check their bills or have the know how to complain ? And sometimes the bills become so complicated it’s easy to lose the thread of what’s due and what’s owed ! 

it seems my billing issue  has been sorted but I’m checking every month which is tiresome . 

Pits a shame this happens because on the whole I’ve been happy with the broadband from plus net , bu [-Censored-] out me off them and I’ll have to seriously reconsider when my contract is due to renew. Good luck with your bills . 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Dezz 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I can see that the issues you mention in the post have been addressed via a ticket to your account. I am afraid that I have no information which would differ from what you have been told previously, and I must ask you to please forgive the errors which have been made regarding your invoices. 

I can assure you that the situation is being looked into, and as soon as a fix has been implemented and confirmed to be successful, all accounts affected will be rectified and customers will be contacted to discuss how we can proceed forward amicably and bring the complaint to a satisfactory close. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Dezz
Dabbler

This response is still not acceptable. My bank account is now running at a deficit of £20/month, which will lead to me going overdrawn while you take forever to work out what is wrong and refund my money.

Like the other unfortunate individuals (customers) posting on your forum, I would like the excess amounts refunded ASAP. This is what you've alluded to in my ticket without any firm commitment. 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Dezz 

I've just spoken with the last agent t update your ticket and he has made me aware that your account is being held within his teams work pool to monitor and credit as and when the bills are generated until your discounts are correctly showing. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

clairebear1

My billing issue in this regard has been ongoing since October 2018.  Since that point, I've seen the line saver rental used as a pool of credit until this month when I am now being overcharged at full price until this all gets sorted out.  

It is beyond me how PlusNet can actually see this as an acceptable situation and I shall be once again on the phone to them tonight I suspect trying to chase up for a estimated resolution on this.      

I am likely going to be writing to Paul Coulton direct, as the email that says they are working towards a "quick and satisfactory resolution" just doesn't really correlate to the experience here.    

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @clairebear1

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your invoice query.

I am so sorry to hear that you  are still experiencing this issue with your Line Rental Saver, I have taken a look into your account and have responded here

If you need any further assistance please feel free to get in touch.

Anon
Pro

Long on appologies short on resolution.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Dezz
Dabbler

Another week on and no resolution I guess, as my June bill is also £20 over? 

Has anyone looked into the legalities of being overcharged your agreed contracted amount? HMRC would charge you (and refund you) interest on any incorrect payments....

Anon
Pro

First have y ou lodged a formal complaint and insisted on a deadlock letter because they cannot sort it out. Second then go to Ombudsman Services. Third conact BACS (google it) if it was a DD involved, BACS regulate those who are entitled to hold DD's. Third you could ask your bank to refund the whole of the DD, they don't do just overpayments, but you will get Pnet doing restrictions on you.

Last and the route I would be tempted with is go to Small Claims Court.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been split from another thread as it is a separate issue.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anon wrote:

First have y ou lodged a formal complaint and insisted on a deadlock letter because they cannot sort it out. Second then go to Ombudsman Services. Third conact BACS (google it) if it was a DD involved, BACS regulate those who are entitled to hold DD's. Third you could ask your bank to refund the whole of the DD, they don't do just overpayments, but you will get Pnet doing restrictions on you.

Last and the route I would be tempted with is go to Small Claims Court.

Ombudsman ? Small Claims Court,....waste of time unless you have got plenty of time to waste.....

Use the same system that PN use, either the press or tv, plenty of consumer programs or newspapers quite willing to take up issues like this.

Hope it gets sorted what ever action you decide to take.

Smiley

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Anon
Pro

I complained to Ombudsman Services and it was all sorted within a month and now money in my bank from Pnet too.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anon 

Glad the issue was sorted and you got your money back after a month, unfortunately we keep reading on the forum about issues with billing problems and the promise they are being dealt with but to my knowledge this has been going on for at least 8 months and problems dealt with on a individual basis, no other commercial company could stay in business if they allowed this to continue for this length of time and it's quite clear the ombudsman is in no position to apply the necessary sanctions to ensure the problem is solved or at least a date when they will be solved.

If PN have all these awards for top service and rated as one of the best providers does this mean that other companies have the same or worse billing issues, if not perhaps their system of billing should be considered ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Anon
Pro

My issue in some senses is ongoing, I have no bills and no payments at pr esent. But what was sorted was compensation by the Ombudsman and they have the ear of OFCOM who fined Pnet heavilly last year. I was making the point that it was worth contacting them because they do make Pnet do things. I was also offered to leave with refund of my Advance Line Rental and no penalary costs for leaving early. But with free broadband my wife says I would be mad to go.

But going to the press when they are covering it already gets nothing, but the Ombudsman does seem to act with some speed and if there can be any r esolution they will press and get it and compensation.