cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase.

canam
Hooked

Price increase.

Just received an email about my April bill and it has gone up by nearly £3, haven't had any pre warning of this, as usual with anything online I cannot find how to contact Plusnet directly so have used the community to try and find out why the price increase.
37 REPLIES 37
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Price increase.

@canam When did you take out/renew your contract. ALL contracts at PN are subject to a CPI+3.9% increase each year - as is clearly stated on the contract documentation, and communications you receive in relation to said contract.

John
canam
Hooked

Thanks for your reply, started contract with PN last year, quite possible it was stated in the contract (but a year is a long time in my world 😁), still think it would be a good idea to send a price increase reminder email though.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

It was stated in the contract, a copy of which you should have read, and the company has no obligation to remind you of the contents of that contract.

John
canam
Hooked

OK CALM DOWN, as PN has a reputation for good customer service even though "they have no obligation" to let me know about price increases, I would have thought an email would be a common sense thing to send to customers. Can you remember what you read a year ago?
jab1
Legend

I was totally calm when I posted that, as I am now. Strangely enough, yes I can remember what my current contract says with my ISP (not Plusnet) - it says 'no increase for 18 months' - which is the life of the contract.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@canam you will have been sent an email about the price rise. I've checked back through my emails and it was sent in February. Is your contact email address correct in your account ?

There will also be a closed question (ticket) on your account similar to this

Service Notification
3:11pm, Friday 16 Feb 2024

This customer received their 2024 CPI+ price change email on 20 February 2024. You can view the email and any offers using this link ...

you can find this ticket by logging into your account and looking at the closed tickets. Login and use the link https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search . Try searching for closed questions between 01/02/24 & 01/03/24

Since @jab1 is no longer a Plusnet customer he would not have been able to check the above

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

I received an email "Important information about your Plusnet service" from plusnet@comm.plus.net Fri, 23 Feb at 14:08

The email address used was the one defined in 'Manage Account' in the member centre, is this up to date?

HTH

canam
Hooked

Thanks for your reply, yes email address is correct in my account. I've checked back through my Plusnet email folder and no email about price increase, also checked spam folder and nothing there (checked regularly anyway) so it's a bit of a mystery.
Batfrog
Rising Star

Like everyone else I’m not thrilled about the price increase but………..

Consider this; My current contract price is £25.49 on which the increase of £2.01 is based.

Although Vodafone contract price is similar I believe the pre-discounted price is around £40+ on which their price increase is based.

So at least Plusnet base their increase on what you actually pay. Unless of course I’m completely wrong – not unknown !!.

BTW I also got an email advising of the increase.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Thanks for your reply, yes email address is correct in my account. I've checked back through my Plusnet email folder and no email about price increase, also checked spam folder and nothing there (checked regularly anyway) so it's a bit of a mystery.

@canam did you manage to check 'closed questions' in your account and was there a notification there ?

I'm assuming you get other Plusnet notification emails ok ? e.g billing notifications

@Batfrog 

So at least Plusnet base their increase on what you actually pay. Unless of course I’m completely wrong – not unknown !!.

No, you're not wrong, discounts are also adjusted so that effectively the increase is on what you actually pay. Though there have been instances where the discount hasn't being adjusted immediately for some products. Staff have usually been quick to rectify.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Batfrog 

"Although Vodafone contract price is similar I believe the pre-discounted price is around £40+ on which their price increase is based."

Have you confirmed this, or is it just your assumption?

A while back I was considering moving to Vodaphone FTTP on a heavily discounted package. I, like you, had concerns about the effect of contracted price increases, but was assured that the CPI +3.9% applied to the price I was actually paying them - after any discounts.

Batfrog
Rising Star

@MisterW and @MrPaul Odd one this. Back in December I actually signed up to Vodafone for FTTP and their (VOIP) phone service, then cancelled again within days having read the T&Cs which quite clearly stated that the out of contract price was £40+ and the offer price was around £25 after discounts.

It also stated that the 3.9%+ price increase was based on the cost before discount which was why I cancelled and stayed with Plusnet as well as a number of negative comments about their service.

However following post #12 from @MisterW I checked the T&Cs again and as far as I read it doesn’t say what the increase is based on so either I was mistaken or they’ve changed. Maybe they change with various offers? Either way I’m still with Plusnet.

when I cancelled Vodafone I gaot an email from Plusnet thanking me for staying. they also gave me a £75 gift card which made it better to stay anyway.

Better the Devil you know, I've been with Plusnet for 20+ years with no real cause for complaint !

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

@canam wrote:
Thanks for your reply, started contract with PN last year, quite possible it was stated in the contract (but a year is a long time in my world 😁), still think it would be a good idea to send a price increase reminder email though.

But they do send them by email ... do you monitor the email address registered on your account?  If you do, do you monitor the junk mail folder?  Do you have other anti-spam tools which might have ditched the email?

I received a snail mail communication advising of the price increases as Plusnet were having issues sending emails to my Plusnet mailbox, which somewhat suggests, obligation or not, Plusnet does make strenuous efforts to keep customers informed.

Do you have any communication limitations (aka preferences) set on your account?