cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase?

disorientated
Hooked

Price increase?

am i being a little stupid here, I have just checked my account... whilst my last DD for October is 24.98 for the full fibre broadband product, the November charge is being shown as £26.23 as the monthly total?

I have 9 months left on my contract and I don't remember seeing any notification of price increase?
Anyone else have this?

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Price increase?

Have you checked the breakdown of charges (page 3 of the invoice) and compared it to the previous moth? Do you use the landline?

John
disorientated
Hooked

no don't even have a landline attached. Have never used landline at all.

I have to say, I haven't been checking my bills regularly, but I am sure I signed up to the 24 pm£ broadband and line rental deal at contract start. So even the £24.98 increase is somewhat higher than expected.

The charge of £26.23 is for the yet unbilled November debit !?

jab1
Legend

OK, no phone, so that can be ruled out. As I asked, have you looked at the charge breakdown on the two bills and compared them?

John
disorientated
Hooked

so, the price i thought i signed up for (24£pm) actually only was billed for the firs two months, then it has crept up.

Now in November it is going up to 26.23 !?

jab1
Legend

CHECK the breakdown on page 3 of the actual invoices - that will say what they are for. Note there was an RPI+3.9% increase in March, which your contract will have advised you about.

John
disorientated
Hooked

ok this will need some more digging I think, just looked at some of the bills there's some weird jiggery pokery going on with 'discount' lines... no two bills are the same from what I could ascertain looking briefly. very confusing.

On sign-up, I was supposed to get the full Fibre + package for flat £24.00 (if memory serves me right) and that included the line rental.

Since then the discounts are not fully discounting the line rental side. I am also getting a member get member discount, so not quite sure why my costs are going up and not down. lol

All I can think off the top of my head is the annual RPI linked increase which in Quarter 1 every year?

Thanks for your input Jab1

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hey @disorientated,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry for any confusion that there may have been concerning the billing. I've had a look into this tonight and I believe I've found the explanation, which I've detailed in a support ticket on your account. For reference you can access this support ticket online, here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team