cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase during contract query

hallowedmark

Price increase during contract query

Hi

We are on an unlimited fibre broadband and phone line contract until November 2022, since since Oct 2021, it appears that my bill has gone up and is at the amount it should be when my contract finishes, I don’t know why this is?
4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Price increase during contract query

@hallowedmark 

See the attached link regarding Plusnet's annual price increases (current contracts are no longer fixed price for the duration of the contract): . https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

Therefore,  if you took out a contract in October 2021, I would expect your contract to increase in price wef March this year, but this does not explain why you should have seen an increase as yet. Have you had any chargeable phone calls? These should be shown on your bills.

hallowedmark

Hi, thanks for your reply, the new contract was taken out in May 2021 when we moved house and was an 18month contract but has just suddenly gone up by about £12 a month to the price I was given that we would be on when our contract term ended
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@hallowedmark 

That sounds as if the discounts are not now being properly applied possibly because the contract was not set up correctly. It needs a Plusnet Customer Services rep to pick this thread up and investigate for you. Hopefully one will be along in due course. Otherwise you could try ringing (0800 140 0200)  but calls are not always answered promptly. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @hallowedmark and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your bills have increased unexpectedly during your contract.

I've had a look into this and I believe I've sorted it out for you now by re-applying some missing discounts and providing a refund you should receive within the next 5 to 10 working days. I've e-mailed you more information under the ref 221083518.

If you have further issues or there's anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet