Did you mean: 

Plusnet still trying to charge me after cancelling the broadband

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Plusnet still trying to charge me after cancelling the broadband

Hi @ownprox

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm sorry to hear that the billing on your account wasn't ceased as it should have been. I can see that my colleague has picked this up for you and raised this to our billing team here.

Please keep us updated and let me know if I can do anything to assist.

Best wishes

Dave

ownprox
Grafter

you realise this is the second time right my account was closed then for some reason seems to of been opened in October / September out of know where by the way are you guys in debt or something and are trying to reclaim that from innocent customers? it seems a bit mad that this is the second time this has happened to me personally and when i asked for my account to be deleted im told its not possible and its closed but i have been told in the past my account was closed before and well what do you know i was still generated bills. i left 5 months ago yet now debt collectors have collection agency out after me from something i dont owe i have rang them they hold the debt in my name clear it also i want a subscription to free credit rating checks and i want proof this will not effect my credit rating due to your [-Censored-] up's else my lawyer and ofcom will have to hear about it

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @ownprox

Thanks for coming back to us.

I absolutely sympathise with your situation and the history of your account, however, as highlighted in my previous response, my colleague has taken ownership of this for you, so there's nothing I can add in addition to the process that is already taking place as much as I'd like to add value to this situation.

In terms of your request to delete your account - we have to retain your account for a specific time period for auditing purposes and for your benefit should you request historical information (billing info etc).

There are a number of free credit check applications and sites available which you can register for - Clearscore is a good example of this and many more can be found via a Google search, as I'm sure you can appreciate we aren't in a position to sign you up for these services.

We appreciate your patience whilst we get this resolved - further updates will be provided via my colleague on your open complaint ticket here.

Best wishes

Dave

ownprox
Grafter

thanks for the credit check advice will certainly use it once this ordeal is over.

GPM

Yes this is happening to me to. I left the service in September to go with another provider but they keep sending me emails asking me to pay for October! They have just added charges and this morning told me my service had been restricted (don't know how they would manage that but it hasn't happened).

Web chat is unavailable and has been for weeks even though it says it is open, phone calls need a minimum 30 minute wait and there is no email address. This is probably as bad as customer service gets. I'm not going to try and contact them any more i will see how long it takes them to realise but one things for sure, I won't ever be dealing with Plusnet again.

Anon
Pro

Tell OFCOM and let them deal with pnet

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
GPM

Thanks Anon - yes I have now reported them. I noticed with interest on the Ofcom site they got fined £880k 18 months ago for the same thing so lets hope they get fined another £880K! 

Anon
Pro

I understand that they received a smaller fine because they reported themselves. So perhaps it will be double or treble or more for repeat offences.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi @GPM

I'm sorry to see we're still billing you post-cancellation.

I think I've sorted this for you now, arranging to send you a cheque for any money owed.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anon
Pro

Gandalf, have pnet reported themselves again or are they looking forward to an increased fine for repeat bad behaviour?

arunjones14

Hi @Gandalf, Thanks for sorting this issue last month. However same issue has arisen this month having received another text and email of upcoming payment. Wondering if any progress has been made in closing the account and preventing this arising monthly?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

I'm afraid there's nothing to update yet @arunjones14.

arunjones14

Hi again, I have just received another emailing saying I will need to pay for the service. I have asked multiple times for the account to be closed and each time I call I am being told my account is closed but I have still received these billing emails monthly for a service that ceased months ago and the bill amount keeps rising.

I have cancelled my direct debit a while back now and am wondering what can be done to stop me getting asked to pay each month. I don't want to have to contact customer services each month for the foreseeable future. Can I just ignore future emails because it is being tiresome having tried multiple times to sort this issue out

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @arunjones14,

I really am sorry for the emails you keep receiving regarding a payment when you've asked for the account to be cancelled.

I can see that this is currently being investigated by the relevant team and we will update you further once we have more information.

I would advise to ignore the emails/payment reminders whilst we rectify this issue.

Please get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thank you,

Aisha

Anon
Pro

Have you reported them to OFCOM?