cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile taking payment after move to EE

ContraryMary
Hooked

Plusnet Mobile taking payment after move to EE

As Plusnet Mobile is closing down I started the switch to EE as recommended on 18/7/23. My new EE SIM arrived 20/7/23 and my old Plusnet number stopped working (it was transferred to EE on 21/7/23).

I have received a bill dated 20/7/23 for my old Plusnet Plan. The only charge on the bill was for £6.86 for the mobile service. This is paid in advance and so I shouldn't have to pay for a service that has been transferred to and charged for by EE. Plusnet are going to try and take payment by direct debit on 3/8/23, so I have cancelled my direct debit. 

has anyone else had this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 438

Re: Plusnet Mobile taking payment after move to EE

@ContraryMary the bill dated 20/07 was issued before the transfer completed. So what will happen is that within 21 days a final bill will be issued, which will be a credit for the period from 21/07 i.e the month you paid in advance minus the 1 day!.

so I have cancelled my direct debit

That's bad news, the bill will be recorded as not paid and also there is now no way for the refund to go directly back to your bank account, so it will require a cheque to be issued. To avoid getting a mark on your credit file , I suggest, when the payment fails, you log into your account and pay it manually.

has anyone else had this problem?

I'm afraid that's the normal way billing works

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ContraryMary
Hooked

Re: Plusnet Mobile taking payment after move to EE

Thank you. I'll wait and see what happens.