cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Billing: Persistent Breach Of Contract

mikeb
Rising Star

Re: PN Billing: Persistent Breach Of Contract

I suggest that PN quote the official contract "end date" here in public for the record (just to avoid any potential 'misunderstandings' from arising in the future) so that arangements can start being made going forward because the end is nigh so to speak.

On that contract end date, a very simple check can be made to review the financial situation. The sum of all of the random DEBITS made to my Bank A/C over the 2 year contract period less any CREDITS that have been made to my Bank A/C needs to be compared with 24x the agreed contractual monthly charge. Nothing remotely complicated, just simple primary school level mathematics.

Any necessary adjustment can then be made AFTER AGREEING IT FIRST WITH ME rather than by PN just debiting/crediting yet another totally random and unexpected amount to my Bank A/C !  The existing DD agreement ceases to be valid at the end of this contract so any random debits/credits made after the contract end date will be rejected via the Bank unless agreed with me in advance.

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
Mav
Fixes: 516

I would suggest not removing the DD at the end of the contract as that could lead to further issues with any refund or a debit balance being sent to a debt collector causing more aggravation for you.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mikeb
Rising Star

I hear what you say Smiley 

However, it should be remembered that the DD agreement applies to this specific contract and ONLY to this specific contract.  It is NOT a permanent mechanism for BT/PN to randomly abuse my Bank A/C as and when they might choose to do so Wink The majority of transactions made to date have clearly been in breach of the DD agreement by not being for the correct and contractually agreed amount. If it wasn't for the untold amount of grief that it would have caused, they would all have been rejected via the Bank as a matter of principle. This 2 year long farce clearly demonstrates why I seriously dislike DDs ... companies can AND DO abuse them with monotonous regularity.

Whilst I will not be making any attempt to remove/delete the DD details at this end, I most certainly will make a formal complaint to my Bank should BT/PN blatantly breach the terms of the DD agreement by making or attempting to make further random and unexpected transactions after this contract and the associated DD agreement has legally terminated. That's in no way unreasonable is it ? 

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi there Mike, 

I'm a little shocked and disappointed that this is still unresolved so I'm really sorry about that.

I've added a full response to the open ticket on your account, here's the link back to that again in case you need it:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222250235

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team