cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged after renewal.

shiggsy

Overcharged after renewal.

Hi,

I was notified on the 16th July that my Unlimited Fibre Broadband and Line Renatal contract would be ending on 17th August and I could renew the contract for  £21.95 per month otherwise it would rise to £38.20.

I renewed and on the 17th July and received a Confirmation of the new Contract stating that from the 19th July my Subscription would be £21.95 for 18 month.

However on the 18th July I received a bill for £34.75 which was taken from my account on the 26th July.

Presumably this is a mistake and can e corrected.

Many thanks.

Steve.

5 REPLIES 5
iangoodwin

Re: Overcharged after renewal.

Exactly the same. Received email confirmation of contract renewal monthly charge of £17.74, first invoice was £29.34. Why should customers have to be on the ball every month to check that Plusnet are abiding by an agreed contract???

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @shiggy, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear the latest invoice amount has come as a shock. I've looked into this for you and although I can't confirm my findings via this support channel, I've updated a ticket on your account which may help explain the recent invoice amount for you.

The ticket I've raised on your account regarding this can be seen here:
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=216583419

I hope this helps.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @iangoodwin, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to our Community Forums.

I can see looking over your account it looks like you've recently been in touch and the billing issue you've mentioned above has since been addressed.
If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards however then please don't hesitate getting back in touch.

shiggsy

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I replied to the ticket but not sure if I need to reply there or here so:

If my fixed price contract ended on the 18/07/21 then the emails I received about the end date were wrong and have misled me as they stated the contract was ending on the 17th August, not July.

The email I received on the 16th of June titled "It's time for your personalised account review" stated:

"Once your fixed price contract ends on 17th August 2021, you’ll start to pay a higher price."

Obviously I didn't renew in June as according to the email I had two monhs left.

Again, the email I received on the 16th July titled "Your Plusnet service" stated:

"Your broadband (Unlimited Fibre) and line rental contract is coming to an end on 17th August 2021. When your contract ends your monthly price will go from £12.00 to £38.20."

Luckily for me I decided to renew there and then, on the 16th July.

So even if my contract did expire on the 18th July I still renewed on the 16th July, two days before the expiry. I got a confirmation of the new contract the next day on the 17th July.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Glad we were able to clear this up over the phone this morning @shiggsy Smiley

Feel free to give us a shout if you have any further queries at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds