cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over charged on phone calls

skeggyman

Over charged on phone calls

Why have I been charged 14 times for dialing 123, which I never have, and also for calling a number which doesn't even exist?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Over charged on phone calls

Sounds like you may have a line fault. Sometimes a line fault can generate spurious dialling pulse. These tend to be mainly digits 1,2 & 3, hence the spurious 123 calls. Report a fault at https;//faults.plus.net or call customer services

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see there are numbers you don't recognise on your bill. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues but I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further for the possibility of a crossed line.

Could you drop me a reply onto the ticket I've logged via your account Here? If you can post back once you've responded, I can make sure we book the engineer for you as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf  It isn't a crossed line as such but a line fault such as an intermittent break that causes false dialling pulses, but only for low numbers as explained by @MisterW  Hopefully an engineer should be able to track it down.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for responding back to the ticket @skeggyman, I can see we've got an engineer coming out to work on this for you later this week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team