cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice required - 5th Feb

gazuk

Notice required - 5th Feb

Hello,
I have had a email today to renew my contract, which is due to run out on 5th Feb 2022. How much notice would I need to give to leave on that date ? Planning to move , later in 2022, so don’t want to renew.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Notice required - 5th Feb

@gazuk Welcome to the forums. If you are planning to move and don't want to renegotiate a contract, you could drop to to a rolling 30 day one (at un-contracted rates), and then arrange with your new supplier to arrange the transfer - usual practice in these days of Gaining Provider Lead transfers.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@gazuk 

So what do you plan to do on  the 5th Feb? Give up your phone line/number and broadband service altogether? If so then I believe that the notice period is 14 days.

If you plan to go elsewhere then as @jab1 suggests, don't whatever you do cancel your service with Plusnet. Go to your new ISP and let them handle the take over of your working service and the cancellation of Plusnet.

Depending on when you intend to move it might be  cheaper to ring the Plusnet Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 and negotiate a 12 month deal. You will be hit with cancellation charges when you leave but depending on how late it is in the contract when the service is cancelled, could work out cheaper than paying the full out of contract price up until that date. You might even decide to stay with Plusnet when you move. You could do that now and ask to start the new contract on your next billing day, presumably the 5th Jan 2022.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gazuk

I’m thinking of running till the 5th Feb, then going to mobile broadband for a few months.

Good idea ?
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@gazuk 

Two things, both required speaking to the PlusNet Options Team

First find out how much notice to give to terminate your service on the 5th.

Second, ask how much the standard 30 day tarriff is so you can compare with mobile prices.

Brian