cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Understanding Last Bill

MikeS12

Not Understanding Last Bill

Can somebody from PN please check my last bill and tell me what it's all about. Instead of following the norm of the past few months this one is split up, Fibre in two parts, Line rental in two parts and so on. Usual bill has been around £30'ish, this one is over £40.

My existing contract runs out on 11th Feb so I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not? I renewed my contract today for another 18mths so can you please clarify if the new contract runs from 11th Feb or from today which means I'm being charged twice for 10 days. If I'm being charged twice, is this overpayment refunded?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Not Understanding Last Bill

Hey @MikeS12, thanks for getting in touch.

You're spot on, the reason you're seeing two lots for each product is because your contract ends within the billing period associated with your latest bill. I won't mention specifics within he public domain, but I'll be as informative as I can.

We bill you in advance, for the next 30 days of service, so with your contract expiring within that 30 days, we've charged you a set price for services as er the rates on your contract, as well as an "out of contract" price for your services between 12/02/2022 - 26/02/2022.

As you've re-contracted though (which starts today), your next bill will also include a pro rata refund for services IN contract, that you paid out of contract prices for on the previous bill.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
MikeS12

Many thanks Adam.

I had a feeling when I wrote the message that is what it might have been. Stupidly on my part, I didn't check the dates on each split. After checking the dates it all became apparent 🙄.

Apologies, it's an age thing!!

Mike

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Haha no worries at all @MikeS12

I understand how it can appear quite confusing to be honest, glad we're got to the bottom of it though! Let us know if you need any further assistance at all.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds