cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No compensation offered

LizzieK
Hooked

No compensation offered

I have just been without broadband for 18 days. From the 4th September, until 21st September. This was fixed when the engineer called me to say that the wire wasn't even plugged in at the green box. In this time of waiting for the broadband to be back on I was told after it was resolved that you would discuss any monies owed back from the extra data we have had to purchase and compensation for down time. But my ticket has been closed with absolutely no mention of anything? We have spent £60 on data in this time to ensure our children could still do their homework and I can also complete my work. Quite frustrating as if I was with another supplier I would automatically be entitled to money back through the automatic compensation scheme, which would certainly of covered the phone bill.
9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No compensation offered

Thanks for your post @LizzieK and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see you've had no broadband for so long and we closed your complaint ticket without making sure you were happy things were resolved. I agree that we should be offering some compensation and while we're not signed up to the automatic compensation scheme, we do endeavour to align to this. 

I've arranged for feedback to be passed on regarding this to the adviser who had last handled the ticket. 

Where you're without a service at all we'd offer £8 a day for each day starting from the 3rd working day after you reported the fault reported to us on the 4th September, which would bring us to an £80 credit over the 10 days 

If you're happy to accept this or you'd like to discuss it further, I've reopened your complaint you can reply to from Here. Feel free to post back once you've responded and I'll make sure we pick that up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LizzieK
Hooked

I have responded to the ticket. Thanks for your speedy reply
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @LizzieK 

I've just replied now, sorry for the miscalculation there Sad

Let me know once you've responded.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LizzieK
Hooked

No problem, we're all human. I've replied. Thankyou so much
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers, I've just applied the credit now. Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LizzieK
Hooked

Brilliant. Thankyou, would i be able to claim back for extra data i have had to purchase? When I spoke to a lady on the phone she said once it was resolved I would be able to.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @LizzieK

We can't directly cover the data you've bought but what we've agreed on for compensation you can use towards them. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LizzieK
Hooked

That was my original thought, but it has been put on as credit rather than the monies coming back to me?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Compensation we'd offer is added as a credit I mentioned in my first response and it's also in line with the automatic compensation scheme. You'd still get the money though in the form of not paying bills to us until it's used up. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet